IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > that updates
9/13/09, 1:01 AM   #61
Re: that updates
Sprint Car Racing Fan

I am not sure what statement USAC is making with the feature race I just witnessed. I have never seen a car allowed to continue to run with a flat tire, I thought that is why they have a black flag. It is to be used to get a car/driver off the track when it is no longer safe for them to race or they have broken the rules. In this case, I do believe Levi met both conditions, he had a flat RR which was very dangerous, not only to himself but to everyone else on the track AND he passed the pace car/truck which I think is a rule violation.
Just before the restart, it was annonunced he was going to be allowed to stay on the track at the tail of the field, then all of the sudden, the pace truck pulls into the infield and the flagman 'instructs' everyone to catch up to Levi.
I am very thankful no one was hurt as a result of this negligence by USAC's officals.

3 members like this post: IndyBound, SteveD, wildman92
9/13/09, 1:04 AM   #62
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

I'm glad nobody was hurt either, what the hell is USAC doing, USAC needs to get its head out of its ass................WHAT A GREAT RUN MR. STANBROUGH

9/13/09, 1:10 AM   #63
sp6967

usac, who in the hell calls the shots?whoever it is sucks.

9/13/09, 1:35 AM   #64
hogan6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
Maybe usac was trying to make a impression on how they will take care of you when you cave in to them on being one of the chosen eight.So it looks like this was another four and a half hour race program at terre haute under the mighty usac sanction with only 32 cars signed in that is just total bullchit.
USAC continues to achieve new standards. After sitting through this marathon, I'm convinced that most if not all of the decision makers need to quit, retire, or find another hobby. USAC has one of the best racing products in AMERICA despite of themselves. Dear weekly track operators. Drop the sanction. Dump that money into the purse. Officiate with your weekly officials. And race 'em. We will come. Deal me in.

2 members like this post: mtek56
9/13/09, 1:46 AM   #65
skids59

In an earlier post of the results, it showed Blake Fitzpatrick down 4 laps. How is this possible when he did not leave the track or get lapped. I thought he finished 7th or 8th.Outside the lengthy cautions and USAC's poor judgments with Lrvi I thought it was a pretty good show. My daughters first time there and she said she would definitely be back.

9/13/09, 1:48 AM   #66
usa1bowtie

Emmitt might be looking better after tonight. And Congrats to Jon and Team Foxco !!!
Last edited by usa1bowtie; 9/13/09 at 1:49 AM. Reason: Forgot

9/13/09, 2:18 AM   #67
cshuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1bowtie View Post
emmitt might be looking better after tonight. And congrats to jon and team foxco !!!

T.H.A.T........

Usac............

1 member likes this post: JEFFSTOY
9/13/09, 2:23 AM   #68
hoosier sprinter

Think Levi deserves some blame for this along with USAC. VERY fortunate he didn't wad it up or cause harm to any of the other drivers. No doubt USAC was very inconsistent tonight though. I'm sure he was damn pissed about the tire going down, but that was awfully dangerous to stay out like that. I'm curious what point he was trying to make after the race in his discussion with USAC. Didn't get penalized for passing the pace truck and they let him restart from the pole with a flat tire. WTH?

2 members like this post: SteveD, wildman92
9/13/09, 3:03 AM   #69
Melmo

Wow!!! What a night!!!! Well.............................................. ............. I'm speechless!!!

Can't wait for kokomo!!!!

9/13/09, 3:03 AM   #70
cowboyhar69

Hogan6...you have hit the nail in the head. How does the flagman (who I always thought was in control of the race) restart a race with a car in the lead with a right rear tire flat and has passed the pace car. Did he get orders from higher up to restart the race? That was plain and simple the bonehead move of the year! I don't have the best hearing in the world but I swore I heard the announcer who I believe was Rob Klepper say "Levi has passed the pace car and will have to go to the back of the pack" I would love to see someone from USAC give an explanation as to why that was allowed.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

1 member likes this post: JEFFSTOY
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > that updates