IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wow. Huge news.
10/26/13, 10:58 PM   #11
Re: Wow. Huge news.
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

WOW, I would call Walker and ask but i'm sure he has had his phone blowing up over this one today. My guess is failed tire inspection after the races they have took tires to check them but that is just a guess.

If I find out I will post it.

Danny 24

10/26/13, 11:07 PM   #12
Rpracing1

I wish folks would not speculate on this stuff. Either you know facts or not no guessing.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, midget96
10/26/13, 11:14 PM   #13
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtvwrocks View Post
Ok well that wasn't the finale and Chris' quote says the penalty was for the finale there is some misinformation in that post either the date is wrong or something - I'm fairly sure that MSCS can't ban someone from a track for an entire year only from their own series.
That was the finale but unlike the last couple of years it wasnt MSCS, still a bigger $ show but unsanctioned.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
10/27/13, 1:57 AM   #14
johnnythunderhead
Banned

sounds like a knee jerk reaction to whatever/ the real losers will be the Bloomington fans, who will be deprived of one of the nations top teams next season?

5 members like this post: billwill7, jim goerge, speed bump, Sprintfan1985, team3521
10/27/13, 7:34 AM   #15
robert gatten

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
sounds like a knee jerk reaction to whatever/ the real losers will be the Bloomington fans, who will be deprived of one of the nations top teams next season?
maybe their one of the "top teams" because they were doing what got them suspended ? Just saying.

3 members like this post: Chastain75, jim goerge, jts56
10/27/13, 10:11 AM   #16
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't have any idea what happened, I was there but I don't know what the infraction was so, I cannot comment on that.

However, It's three hours to Bloomington, I've made this trip two or three times a year for the last five years and several times back to the mid 80s.

In my view, Its one and possibly two less reasons to go to Bloomington, I think Justin Grant was also in a Walker Car that night while Elson was awaiting a motor.

Windom supported that track, he was there on nights he didn't even race for the last few years.

Also have no Idea on if either Walker or Windom were out to pursue some championship next year, USAC, MSCS, KISS. It would be a shame to see that ruined due to one track.

Then again, IDK what happened, The penalty might fit the crime?
Hope this gets worked out.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/27/13 at 10:13 AM.

10/27/13, 1:09 PM   #17
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Also have no Idea on if either Walker or Windom were out to pursue some championship next year, USAC, MSCS, KISS. It would be a shame to see that ruined due to one track.......
Interesting comment. It would be interesting to see what would happen if they were to show up at Bloomington for a USAC, MSCS, KISS show. I am not sure that any of the groups would turn away a car that was in good standing with the sanctioning group because of issues with a local track.

Does anyone remember any other cases like this?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
10/27/13, 2:05 PM   #18
Bad Dad 54

I agree w/ Jonr. I was a race official, only way a driver was banned for a year was fighting, found many illegal cars they were all allowed back. Been to Jeff Walkers shop many times many times, never saw any signs of anything "funny" always friendly to me. So have all his drivers he's had, still enjoy seeing them, Bloomington's loss is Gas City's gain. Confused as can be about this.

2 members like this post: billwill7, speed bump
10/27/13, 2:41 PM   #19
Sprintfan1985

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 55

That is correct, it is bloomingtons loss. The track gets worse and worse every year. Jeff walker always runs Gas City so it had to be a bigger show or gas city wasn't running. That's the only way I see them going there.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
10/27/13, 2:49 PM   #20
hoosier race fan

This is huge news? If it was a suspension from multiple tracks or a series like Jason Feger being suspended from all UMP tracks for 3 months, then maybe it's big news. Or if Windom and Walker were regulars there, but they are not. It may be more of an issue if Gas City does not open, which is a definite possibility.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wow. Huge news.