IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support Staab
5/20/08, 10:34 AM   #31
Re: Support Staab
Pat O'Connor Fan

Maybe Greg didn't nod his head like a bobble-head when the "new vision" was revealed by KM.
Does anyone here really believe that USAC can find the tracks/promoters to run 15 - 20 "big" events annually with multiple USAC divisions competing for increased purses, almost exclusively on pavement??
JMO, but if POWRi would add a sprint car division, and hire Greg, they could bury USAC in a couple years.

5/20/08, 11:21 AM   #32
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
Maybe Greg didn't nod his head like a bobble-head when the "new vision" was revealed by KM.
Does anyone here really believe that USAC can find the tracks/promoters to run 15 - 20 "big" events annually with multiple USAC divisions competing for increased purses, almost exclusively on pavement??
JMO, but if POWRi would add a sprint car division, and hire Greg, they could bury USAC in a couple years.
The "almost exclusively on pavement" is just an unsubstantiated rumor according to Kevin Miller when he was on the D.O. show a couple weeks ago. The rest of it he did more or less say on there.

5/20/08, 11:44 AM   #33
Blackduce

SpfldMile, well I really don't know the answer you are talking about. Please explain the details for me. This will help me out alot with your knowledge.

Lynn

5/20/08, 12:17 PM   #34
nonwing

I must point out that I don't race with USAC anymore and I'm not sure if I ever get another chance to, so my voice is pretty small in comparison to most of you. However I would like to make a valuable suggestion.

While this communication vehicle of using this board is making some head way, I suggest all of you write a letter to Mr. Miller voicing your opinion on Greg. If we bombard him with letters that may have an impact.

In addition to the letters, maybe we call ahead for an appointment with Mr. Miller and all go down there and meet with Mr. Miller to discuss our thoughts. USAC is suppose to be a "Club" so the members of this "Club" need an opportunity to voice their opinion in an orderly way.:checkered:

Next steps...
First thing though is to make an effort to send letters. To make your job easier, just copy what you said on the board and paste it on your letter head, then add some other things you want to say about Greg. It's easy to use this board, but if you cause him to make the time to open a hundred letters then that will really say something.

Then, if that falls on deaf ears, let's set up a time to meet with him as a group. Have a spokesperson lead the group. That way everyone is not talking all at once and it will be more productive as well.

Guys and gals, if you really want to make a difference, this is the way to do it.

George Wilkins

5/20/08, 12:30 PM   #35
RHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwing View Post
While this communication vehicle of using this board is making some head way, I suggest all of you write a letter to Mr. Miller voicing your opinion on Greg. If we bombard him with letters that may have an impact.
Has anyone talked with Mr. Staab? Does he want our help? Does he really want to be there anymore under the new administration? Maybe there is a better organization where his passion for the sport, experience and hard work can actually be valued.

I haven't talked to him, it's just a question.

5/20/08, 12:42 PM   #36
SpfldMile

Deuce, I just think that the only way you force out a high caliber person is if they are a threat to your leadership. Just an opinion, of course.

5/20/08, 1:48 PM   #37
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwing View Post
However I would like to make a valuable suggestion.

In addition to the letters, maybe we call ahead for an appointment with Mr. Miller and all go down there and meet with Mr. Miller to discuss our thoughts. USAC is suppose to be a "Club" so the members of this "Club" need an opportunity to voice their opinion in an orderly way.:checkered:

Next steps...
First thing though is to make an effort to send letters. To make your job easier, just copy what you said on the board and paste it on your letter head, then add some other things you want to say about Greg. It's easy to use this board, but if you cause him to make the time to open a hundred letters then that will really say something.

Then, if that falls on deaf ears, let's set up a time to meet with him as a group. Have a spokesperson lead the group. That way everyone is not talking all at once and it will be more productive as well.

Guys and gals, if you really want to make a difference, this is the way to do it.

George Wilkins
This post by George is one of the most reasonable posts I've read on IOW in quite some time.
Let's do it!!

5/20/08, 1:49 PM   #38
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
if POWRi would add a sprint car division, and hire Greg, they could bury USAC in a couple years.
Isn't that what said about NAMARS? I haven't heard much from them lately.

5/20/08, 1:54 PM   #39
nonwing

RHatch, you make a very good point. I had that in my early draft, but figured we should do our part and then Greg can make his own decision.

Let's see if anyone really knows what Greg wants to do. If he wants to stay we should help. If not, at least we made a statement.

George Wilkins

5/20/08, 2:33 PM   #40
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHatch View Post
Has anyone talked with Mr. Staab? Does he want our help? Does he really want to be there anymore under the new administration? Maybe there is a better organization where his passion for the sport, experience and hard work can actually be valued.

I haven't talked to him, it's just a question.
Yes, I have and Greg will take all of the support he can get. He loves that job and would love to continue serving the fans, drivers and teams of USAC.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support Staab