IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson
1/23/21, 11:46 PM   #1
Larson
reeserx

He does it again in a late model. Absolutely dominates for his 2nd feature win. 15 second lead. Greatest driver I’ll ever see in my life time.....

1/24/21, 12:43 AM   #2
Re: Larson
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
He does it again in a late model. Absolutely dominates for his 2nd feature win. 15 second lead. Greatest driver I’ll ever see in my life time.....
He did great. He won the race at All Tech Raceway tonight in Lake City, Florida by 15.8 seconds on a sicker then $h!t track where the average lap in the A-Main was around 21 seconds. He won his heat race over a couple of seasoned drivers Jonathan Davenport being one of them. Started 6th in the feature and took the lead from Tyler Erb on lap 14. The race went flag to flag green to checkers. Me being a late model and modified guy I've seen the very best in late models over the years. The thing that has helped him the most is the car that he is in. The #6 Rumley car is as good of a team and equipment as you can get and a very good and well traveled crew that knows how to set one up. No disrespect but on a sprint car there's only some much you can adjust. On a late model or Mod there are about 25-30 different thing you can adjust. He has done very good on two slick track at Port Royal & All Tech. Would like to see him on a tacky track. He's said something not to long ago about coming to Fairbury American Legion Speedway in Fairbury, Illinois in late July for the $50,000 to win Would Of Outlaws Late Model Series sanctioned Prairie Dirt Classic since NASCAR is off that weekend. As many times as I've been to Fairbury that would be one hell of a track for Kyle to get his feet wet in a late model on a tacky as you can get 1/4 mile black dirt track surface with some of the very best late model and modified drivers in the country. He's fun to watch and entertaining. The guy has some serious talent and you can see it.
Last edited by nathans1012; 1/24/21 at 12:49 AM.

1/24/21, 9:59 AM   #3
chathamracefan

He won the outlaw show at Fairbury 2 years ago. I think he’d do fine in the late model.

Without doubt the best dirt racer presently active.

1/24/21, 11:22 AM   #4
95KART

I heard in an interview that Larson is planning on running around 20 late model races this year. Any bets on how many he wins? I'll say 18.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Ken Bonnema, racenut69
1/24/21, 11:57 AM   #5
IndianaSprintFan

You take the 18 or over and I’ll take the under. You name the Price. Lol. Dude is a legend but let’s not get carried away.

1/24/21, 12:11 PM   #6
jonboat15

Larson's talent level runs deep, real deep. I'm kinda glad not to see him at some races. Reminds me of the mid 80's when Wolfgang and Weikert were together, whenever they pulled into the track all you could think about was who would finish second that night. I'm not a nascar watcher but I hope Kyle stays there and kicks some butt, seems like he might have the right equipment now.

1 member likes this post: davidm
1/24/21, 12:14 PM   #7
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Indy

1/24/21, 12:39 PM   #8
95KART

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan View Post
You take the 18 or over and I’ll take the under. You name the Price. Lol. Dude is a legend but let’s not get carried away.
Okay maybe 18 is a little high, but I would expect him to win more than not. I mean he had a 15 second lead last night, that's about .5s a lap faster than 2nd place. It's impressive if the leader can run a tenth faster a lap, 5 tenths is on another level.

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
1/24/21, 12:41 PM   #9
flagboy55

If you don’t understand the talent of this man you’re in denial. One of the best ever. I found an article somewhere from some racing analytics site. It talked about his time in Cup and basically stated that any success that he had in the series was attributed to Kyle himself. He carried the team. No disrespect to Matt Kenseth but this past season lack of competitiveness pretty much bears that out. We’re lucky to witness such talent. I’m with M/C though, hope some day we see him in the greatest spectacle in racing!

1/24/21, 1:44 PM   #10
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan View Post
Agreed. 10 wins would be impressive!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson