IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > GATEWAY DIRT NATIONALS . STL - Edwards Jones Dome.
2/18/16, 3:13 AM   #21
flagboy55

And by the way, isn't this iow?

2/18/16, 9:35 AM   #22
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Whether it's late models (which I also enjoy watching) or sprints. If the event is successful it's good for dirt racing. If it's like another Indy Indoors though...

2/18/16, 11:51 AM   #23
Re: GATEWAY DIRT NATIONALS . STL - Edwards Jones Dome.

I can say this, of all of the stadiums I have been to, this place has the largest floor. I can not think of any other indoor stadiums with this much room. With all of the term oil in that area, I'm sure it has driven conventions away to. There were only a few things that bugged me. 1 fire marshal made us park all trucks outside. We were allowed to leave trailer and race car inside. All refueling had to be done outside. Actually blocked off part of the street for it. Stadium staff is union, even though we had our own guys, the company had to pay for them to do the work. Other than that the experience was great. Nice place. I will probably make the trip. To bad these guys are not coming back to Indy. I know the race was bad, but you can not discount there effort.

2/18/16, 4:12 PM   #24
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Modifieds are open wheel. Hence why Bill had a Modified forum on here before it all got condensed together

2/18/16, 4:54 PM   #25
miledirt

Here'a question for some of you guys who are into the late models

I would assume we'll see some Lucas Oil and WoO LM guys show up, what about guys like Ty and Austin Dillon? Allgaier?

2/18/16, 5:58 PM   #26
arctic monkey21

I'm not even sure if Justin Allgaier still has a late model. I haven't seen him race one for a long time. Out of that group Austin Dillon seems most likely.

2/18/16, 11:20 PM   #27
Nate

Allgaier you're more likely to see in a mod, could also see a David Stremme, Ken Schrader, Kenny Wallace, etc.

As far as the Dillons I doubt it but you never know. Did see them run the World 100, or at least try to make the show before as it was an off weekend for whatever NASCAR series they were running at the time.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > GATEWAY DIRT NATIONALS . STL - Edwards Jones Dome.