IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > “tony stewart classic” at the speedrome this saturday night
7/20/15, 10:03 PM   #1
“tony stewart classic” at the speedrome this saturday night
richie

“TONY STEWART CLASSIC” AT THE LINCOLN TECH INDIANAPOLIS SPEEDROME
OFFERS SHEPHERD INSURANCE “TAIL GUNNER BONUS” MONEY;
USAC “HALL OF FAME” INDUCTIONS SET FOR SATURDAY

A $5,000 winner’s share of the purse and a $10,000 cash bonus posted by Shepherd Insurance will make this Saturday night’s Inaugural “Tony Stewart Midget Classic” at the Lincoln Tech Indianapolis Speedway a signature event as part of the activities surrounding this weekend’s “Crown Royal Presents the Jeff Kyle 400 at the Brickyard” NASCAR race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Saluting the USAC Triple Crown Champion who was “Rookie of the Year” in the track’s 1991 USAC Regional Midget series, this race hopes to spearhead a resurgence of pavement Midget racing in America. The 100-lap feature race is slated for a 9 pm green flag following a full day of preliminary activities.

Also on the docket is the 2015 USAC Hall of Fame induction ceremonies, scheduled to start at 6:45 pm on the track’s front stretch. Inductees among the fourth class to be honored this year are (in alphabetical order) Clint Brawner, Jimmy Caruthers, Butch Hartman, Lindsey Hopkins, Jim Hurtubise, Don Kenyon, Sheldon Kinser, Fred Lorenzen, Roger Penske, Larry Rice, Shorty Templeman and Sleepy Tripp.

Kyle O’Gara and Kyle Hamilton are among early favorites for Saturday’s race. O’Gara, brother-in-law of Indianapolis 500 veteran Sarah Fisher, has won five times in the Kenyon Midget series so far this year, including two victories at the Speedrome. Hamilton, USAC’s 2012 Silver Crown “Rookie of the Year,” is also a pavement standout. Entries continue to be filed and Kenyon Midget point leader Dameron Taylor and USAC National Midget rookie Spencer Bayston are also pre-entered.

In addition to the sizeable purse postings, Shepherd Insurance has created the “Tail Gunner Bonus,” a $10,000 award for a driver who elects, at the mandatory 75-lap intermission break, to restart last and win the 100-lap race. The offer will be made to the race leader at 75 laps, unless he declines. If so, the second place driver will receive the offer and if he declines the offer will go to the third-place driver, where the offer ends.

The Lincoln Tech Indianapolis Speedrome is USAC’s most active track in history. A total of 496 feature events have been conducted there in numerous disciplines. The track also produced Tony Stewart’s inaugural USAC victory, on August 9, 1991.

6 members like this post: Hotrod, oldfan49, Puppy, PushEm, speed bump, tirespinner
7/21/15, 1:23 AM   #2
PushEm

I will be there Friday and Saturday with my lights n push bumper on. Should be a good race all around.

7/21/15, 4:11 PM   #3
Re: “tony stewart classic” at the speedrome this saturday ni
kn16

Austin nemire will be running a vw hawk looking forward to it!! Just wish no stop after 75 ?! Too separate races ..leader after 75 should get something!!

1 member likes this post: team3521
7/21/15, 5:24 PM   #4
TQ97

Pre entry list shows 11 cars as of 7/16/15....any updates?

7/21/15, 6:09 PM   #5
richie

There will be a car count of somewhere in the range of 27-32 midgets. Should be a good race!

1 member likes this post: speed bump
7/22/15, 1:19 AM   #6
PushEm

Awesome, I've never pushed at the Speedrome but can't pass on the opportunity to.

7/22/15, 9:34 AM   #7
kstudley57

Does anyone have info on ticket pricing for Kids? If you look at their website most their shows have a reduced price for 6-10 and then 5 and uder are Free but for this event it simply says $25 GA. I have about 30 people coming and most have kids they want to bring but for $25 they are concerned it's a little steep. ANy info would help, I've called the track numerous times but unable to leave a message due to their VM being full? ALso sent an email. Thanks guys!

1 member likes this post: wingedsprint47
7/22/15, 9:41 AM   #8
PushEm

If Larry calls me today I will ask

2 members like this post: kstudley57, openwheelKT
7/22/15, 10:04 AM   #9
BigWheel7

Race Count This Year: 2

Tony won his first USAC race the same day I was born. Interesting.

7/22/15, 10:05 AM   #10
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstudley57 View Post
Does anyone have info on ticket pricing for Kids? If you look at their website most their shows have a reduced price for 6-10 and then 5 and uder are Free but for this event it simply says $25 GA. I have about 30 people coming and most have kids they want to bring but for $25 they are concerned it's a little steep. ANy info would help, I've called the track numerous times but unable to leave a message due to their VM being full? ALso sent an email. Thanks guys!
I have that same exact question. I've thought about going, but $25 is a little steep for my 5 year old.
Last edited by openwheelKT; 7/22/15 at 10:11 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > “tony stewart classic” at the speedrome this saturday night