IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MOWA 410 Wing Sprints --- 2021 Schedule.
1/17/21, 1:01 PM   #1
MOWA 410 Wing Sprints --- 2021 Schedule.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Midwest Open Wheel Association (MOWA)
410 Wing Sprints

Series Website - http://midwestopenwheel.com/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/midwestopenwheel

MIDWEST OPEN WHEEL ASSOCIATION 2021 SCHEDULE

1 member likes this post: 95KART
1/17/21, 5:48 PM   #2
Re: MOWA 410 Wing Sprints --- 2021 Schedule.
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

So they are not doing the joint appearances with MSCS at Tri-State this year?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/17/21, 6:50 PM   #3
jim goerge

WOW No Haubstadt!!! This is only winged series I watch cuz you never know who will show up. Plus I always thought they put on one hell of a show at TSS.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, racenut69, ronmil
1/17/21, 7:42 PM   #4
Andrew S. Quinn

Every MOWA race I've been to, I always hoped both Jimmy Hurley and Tommy Worley would be there and be battling for the lead just so I could listen to the announcer trying to keep the names straight.Years ago you could have added Dean Shirley into that mix for tongue twisters.....

1/17/21, 8:48 PM   #5
treecitytornado

Looks like a decent Schedule but only 12 Point Shows. Macon, on the Schedule is Awesome though!!! Everyone remember the ASCoC Races back in the day? Blistering fast laps!!

1/17/21, 11:21 PM   #6
kdobson

As I mentioned on our FB post announcing the MOWA schedule. We are an Illinois-based series. Whatever restrictions you've had in Indiana or neighboring states they are a fraction of the restrictions we've lived under here. Something kind of unique to Central Illinois racing is that a bunch of our teams are funded through race parties that are usually happening this time of year. Not only can we not have gatherings, in most of our State you still can't even sit in a restaurant.

In reaching out to a handful of racers, I'm not confident that some of our race teams in Central Illinois are going to have the resources they usually do to compete. And that goes for all classes - stock cars to sprint cars. Some will... but most definitely some will not. MOWA is here to provide 410 winged racing opportunities primarily for racers that live within a handful of hours of Springfield, Illinois. That's where the geographic center of our membership and staff is. We aren't here to see how far from home we can race or to put our name on major events that don't make sense just to have a cool schedule for the scrapbook.

This year we are trying to keep as many race teams as possible sleeping in their own beds at night. Trying to keep the cost of getting to and from a show a smaller part of their budget. Trying to get through the season with engines that might not have been freshened since last winter.

So we went a little thinner and closer to home this year as we let things hopefully get back to normal in the next several months. Which is the same reason we aren't going to Haubstadt this year. Both of us agreed that there is still some uncertainty around that causes some caution as you plan 6-8 months out. I'm confident that we will return to Haubstadt next year and in years to come.

We are simply trying to not force bad decisions on our teams. We aren't going to force them to attend events that are far from home or in a crowded field just to get points and tow money. We also aren't going to force them to run our local $2,000 to win events at Jacksonville by awarding MOWA points if they are trying to make it through a point season on a motor.

We are confident that our shows will be as exciting as always, have very good and competitive fields, and provide some of the best racing in all of the Midwest. We just decided to have a fewer of them and a little closer to home as the world starts to get back to normal.
Last edited by kdobson; 1/17/21 at 11:26 PM.

1/17/21, 11:28 PM   #7
treecitytornado

Haubstadt, would be great for MOWA, to go back to along with Bloomington. I believe you guys ran there, too within the last few years. 😁

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/18/21, 12:11 AM   #8
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Ken,kudos for what you're trying to do for the race teams.
We're hoping to make it to Jacksonville again this year,always enjoy the trip,we make it a Jacksonville & Macon weekend.
As for our world returning to "normal",I have to believe our world will not be "normal" as we once knew it.
As always Thanks for what you do.👍👍

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1/18/21, 8:41 AM   #9
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
As for our world returning to "normal",I have to believe our world will not be "normal" as we once knew it.
👍
Sorry Dan, but nothing has been “normal” since I made your acquaintance. 😂

1/18/21, 6:52 PM   #10
racenut69

LOL....I agree......Folks say the same thing bout me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Sorry Dan, but nothing has been “normal” since I made your acquaintance. 😂

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MOWA 410 Wing Sprints --- 2021 Schedule.