IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Woo car count bloomington
8/4/12, 1:31 AM   #41
Re: Woo car count bloomington
beliles66

[QUOTE=treecitytornado;295228]Well, that could be, but they listed the payout for all 22 cars tonight, and last was listed as 800, so who knows. It's like why didn't Kraig take a provisional at Lernerville when he was right in the middle of a points battle. Things don't make sense sometimes.

Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE

You're probably right then

8/4/12, 8:10 AM   #42
backitin

The woo. The world was brain washed into thinking this is the best sprintracing anywhere. Crappy racing, low car counts. Dominated by old men and their huge money sponsors. Its disgusting to think most people consider this the top class in the world. The top promoted class in the world but far from the best.

8/4/12, 8:50 AM   #43
flatout

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
The woo. The world was brain washed into thinking this is the best sprintracing anywhere. Crappy racing, low car counts. Dominated by old men and their huge money sponsors. Its disgusting to think most people consider this the top class in the world. The top promoted class in the world but far from the best.
I find comments like this interesting. Lucas came from the 7th starting spot. Kinser flipped and came from tail to top ten. Watch the highlight video from Jacklash.....hell of a move for the lead. What more do you want in a feature? Last week at Eldora, the top three finishers came from the first two rows. Only 36 cars for 10K to win. Yes, Ballou came from tail to 3rd at one point but his car let him down. USAC only got 16 cars at Eagle and Bellville and they have two divisions on life support.
Last edited by flatout; 8/4/12 at 8:51 AM.

8/4/12, 8:55 AM   #44
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post
I find comments like this interesting. Lucas came from the 7th starting spot. Kinser flipped and came from tail to top ten. Watch the highlight video from Jacklash.....hell of a move for the lead. What more do you want in a feature? Last week at Eldora, the top three finishers came from the first two rows. Only 36 cars for 10K to win. Yes, Ballou came from tail to 3rd at one point but his car let him down. USAC only got 16 cars at Eagle and Bellville and they have two divisions on life support.
Just for the record, Belleville is not a USAC race. Both series brought the same amount of point chasers. I don't think either is on life support. Glad you got to see Lucas Wolfe win. That is pretty cool.

8/4/12, 9:03 AM   #45
miledirt

To me, that's usually the way an outlaw race is. Heats, eh, so so - but the features are incredible, especially on smaller tracks where lapped traffic comes into play early. Thats the way Pevely should be tonight with 55 laps

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: flatout
8/4/12, 9:34 AM   #46
illiNOISE

It amazes me to see the shock that some seem to have that the WoO don't draw huge car counts when they run in Indiana. Do they think that a bunch of Hoosier state winged sprint cars are just going to magically appear? Outside of perhaps Bill Rose, Paul May, and Kody Kinser, how many primarily winged racers are in that neck of the woods?

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flatout, HurstBros0, Motormasher
8/4/12, 9:37 AM   #47
flatout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Just for the record, Belleville is not a USAC race. Both series brought the same amount of point chasers. I don't think either is on life support. Glad you got to see Lucas Wolfe win. That is pretty cool.
Thanks for that information. Did not realize that Bellville wasn't USAC. Not looking for an argument and am curious on your perspective as to the health of USAC SC and midget divisions. SC cars have been way down this year. Midgets have been struggling the last couple of years. Both are great series in their own right, SC on the miles and midgets on the bullrings. But it seems like they have been in a big decline over the last few years.

Yes, am glad Lucas finally knocked the door down. Hopefully he will get a few more before the year is out. Great to seem him and Chad K getting wins this year. Hopefully the fans get some great racing tonight with Bellville and Pevely.

8/4/12, 11:01 AM   #48
Gee2

I love to see a huge car count like anyone else.. but no one is saying how huge the crowd was.... it was packed so wing and NON wing fans are still alive in Indiana! They didnt have much dirt to rework the track with because of the rubber down, I think they wanted to sell more hotogs during the lengthy break and it was back to concrete 10 laps into the modified feature. Everyone on here knows iam a huge wing guy and last night was the worst race Ive been to all year...wing or non wing...I do admit the modifieds were awesome...I am headng to Knoxville next week....that place is incredible.

8/4/12, 11:05 AM   #49
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
Like most on here, I prefer my sprint car racing without wings (As illustrated by the fact that if Haubstadt doesn't rainout tonight, I'll make the 175 mile drive there instead of the 60 mile drive to Pevely.) But I don't think wing fans are "brain washed", nor am I "disgusted" by their choice.

Honestly, as someone who watches both varieties of the sport, this sounds kind of condescending to me. We're still something of a niche sport, can we afford to be snobs about which type of sprint racing we support?

And by the way, I saw a pretty **** good wing race last week at Jacksonville between Brian Brown and Danny Smith.

3 members like this post: 767, flatout, TBONE
8/4/12, 11:44 AM   #50

The hatred tword WOO always amazes me. Hands down it is the top series in the United States. Yes they have a marketing machine behind it. Guess what, they have to. Its a big step up for a local driver. If it wasn't our best guys would be up there dominating. I am sure it is easier to get a WOO sponsorship than it is a Friday night Bloomington Sponsorship with all of the Tv and media exposure. Is it the best racing in the world, not always. I can make a large list of local sprint cars shows that I have seen that were not all that great. If everything was the same, pull the wings off, there would not be 1/4 of the negativity on here. My big question to the haters on here, what harm did the Woo do to local sprint car racing last night? i just wish last night would have been a TV show. Have not been able to make a local WOO show the last 3 year

2 members like this post: fish, Gee2
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Woo car count bloomington