IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Show some class please.
6/24/12, 11:25 PM   #21
Re: Show some class please.
racephoto1

The fan who puts his cold hard cash down, pays for the chance to boo. I don't want races to be like events in the orient, no cheers, no boos. nothing. Voice your opinion and boo all you want with one caveat. No cussing, there are way too many children who go to the races, and they don't need that.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, PJ Wright, SteveD
6/25/12, 12:57 AM   #22
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
This doesn't just happen with Sprint Car racing. I saw it this past Friday night when Billy Moyer won the SummerNationals late model show at Tri City. Booing one of the cleanest, most accomplished drivers in the history of the sport is both illogical and ignorant.
Maybe they were booing cuz it was tin tops

1 member likes this post: nailer
6/25/12, 4:41 AM   #23
cshuman

As long as you can win, and know in your heart you are doing it the right way... clean and fair and by the rules.. then it can only make you laugh when they boo... personally, I want to win and make everyone cheer, but if we keep going the way we are, and I start getting boo's for winning too much, well that will only make me smile bigger lol... cuz my bills are getting paid : )

6/25/12, 7:15 AM   #24
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't know, Maybe I was wrong to state the thread as I did.

Saturday at Paragon, I got really annoyed when Short bounced on the cushion, Got ran over by Sciscoe and the fan behind me cheered about it. She got ribbed by the person she was sitting with and stopped. In my mind, That driver could be hurt and its not a reason to cheer, You might be happy they aren't in contention anymore. I don't know but reason to cheer a crash?

I guess Im with others, If they aren't making noise, Its more of a problem than if they are.

Remember one race at Attica in '92 where Kinser Beat Scruffy and there were tons of boo'ers at the fence in front of victory Lane, Steve was pointing at the Giant Check with a big Grin and Karl was flipping the bird.

LOL,

6/25/12, 7:33 AM   #25
4wheelsinthekoosh

I with Shu. Plus it is way easier to booo then say my last name. And the next morning when you wake up and the trophy is sitting on the table you never remember the boos just all the people that helped ya and the fans that love ya.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester
6/25/12, 9:21 AM   #26
backitin

Well I and half the folks at Flemington used to boo maybe the best modified driver ever, Gerald Chamberlain. Hated his ford, hated him. Funny how after these years his modified is my favorite ever and I love the guy. I only wish I had some racing around here that got me excited enuff to cheer my guy and boo someone else.

6/25/12, 9:23 AM   #27
beliles66

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
This doesn't just happen with Sprint Car racing. I saw it this past Friday night when Billy Moyer won the SummerNationals late model show at Tri City. Booing one of the cleanest, most accomplished drivers in the history of the sport is both illogical and ignorant.
They were booing him because they thought he took Randy Korte out while racing for the lead. After watching the video, I agree.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/25/12, 10:08 AM   #28
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRA91 View Post
When I worked with Lealand McSpadden back in the late 80's and early 90's we were fortunate enough to win quite a few races at Ascot and people started to boo us after a win,we would just chuckle about it and say,well at least they knew we were there and we was taking the money home and they weren't.If people are booing you for something bad that you did on track,that's one thing,but if they are booing you because you are winning a lot you just can't let it get to you as that is part of this game and everyone has the right to express their feelings,good or bad.
I don't care how many races he won, ANYBODY that would boo Lealand McSpadden has levels of ignorance that can't be comprehended by the human mind. He was one of the nicest, most approachable drivers I have ever met. I was a teenager when he raced at Baylands in the late 1980's. I went to the pits to buy one of his shirts and he acted like he was seeing an old friend. He thanked me for coming to the races, signed my ticket and talked racing with me for a while. He was just a great, friendly guy. Needless to say the Tempe Tornado is still my favorite driver to this day.

6/25/12, 11:37 AM   #29
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

We were taught very early that booing is disrespectful and unacceptable. But what I find FAR worse is cheering for crashes (especially before the person even lands) but then again.....

And while I am way up here on my high horse anyway I may as well add that I also think the absolute height of rudeness is carrying on a conversation during the prayer and National Anthem!
Last edited by racegal; 6/25/12 at 1:11 PM.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Mud Packer, rdzsprint
6/25/12, 12:19 PM   #30
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
We were taught very early that booing is disrespectful and unacceptable. But what I find FAR worse is cheering for crashes (especially before the person even lands) but then again.....
Growing up at Flemington Speedway booing was the norm, so was cheering. The place was packed and the fans were rabid. It doesnt make you a bad guy to boo, I'm not talking about over the top stuff but a couple boo's. Cheering for a crash is in bad taste, doesnt mean I havent been entertained highly by crash's including a couple of my own. If you race you should expect to crash and entertain people in the process, as long as everone walks away and no harm was intended. I might have cheered a crash, maybe two in my life. Occasionally somebody being a jerk will get what they deserve. I only wish I was good enuff to get a steady stream of boo's.

1 member likes this post: racegal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Show some class please.