IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou vs Stewart
9/24/18, 9:23 PM   #71
nitrofunny

Man I can’t wait to wear my Ballou shirts to The Big E!

4 members like this post: 7horse, jim goerge, PIT CART, SPRINTCAR
9/24/18, 9:25 PM   #72
Re: Ballou vs Stewart
Cage Faraday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYATK94 View Post
It’s fair to say Smoke could be attentive to what racers say, but in this instance you’re suggesting he pay attention to what a single racer says, not the plural form. From what I’ve been seeing Ballou has been alone in his negative feedback. Even Bayston, the individual who suffered a terrifying crash, commented that it was some of the most fun he’d had in a midget and had no qualms with the surface.

Ballou is an excellent racer, and I’ve tried to be a fan of his, but he makes it incredibly difficult to do so, in my opinion. It’s one thing to attempt to talk to the right people about fixing a track surface, it’s another to go out on twitter and bash tracks continually. Maybe he’s tried talking to folks involved with track prep before and they didn’t listen, but if that’s the case I still don’t agree with his response.

He’ll also do things like broadcast his financial woes if beaten. He made some childish remark after Courtney beat him at Terre Haute this year about Sunshine’s car being much quicker than his.

He’s a fantastic racer, and I’d agree he’s one of the greats. Seems to be good with young fans. Just struggle to get behind him with actions like this. I’ve seen him go at people who come at him online by implying they’re just being internet tough guys behind the screen, and so these twitter rants and rages he goes on must require a great amount of hypocrisy and a lack of self awareness.

Hope guys like Sunshine just keep going out on whatever track they get and winning. And if they do have any issues with the track handling them like an adult. Wonder what reasons Ballou will offer when KTJ, Windom, and Courtney blow by him on the USAC win list.
Plural or Singular it never hurts to attempt a little diplomacy, especially on social media. In reality these 2 guys probably shouldn't be talking anyway, both can be volatile and reactionary. I've made an a$$ of myself more than once on social media as you know, so these days I've adopted a policy of hanging back. If I don't have something positive to say or some helpful insight I just pass on by. As I get older I like social media less and less, far too easy in the heat of a moment to spout off.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, duel, jim goerge
9/24/18, 10:07 PM   #73
Bradleyracing86

Just think before the internet people’s opinions were kept in check.

A whale only gets harpooned when it comes up to blow...

Some guys do a lot of blowing on social media👍
Last edited by Bradleyracing86; 9/24/18 at 10:11 PM.

9/24/18, 10:40 PM   #74
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrofunny View Post
Man I can’t wait to wear my Ballou shirts to The Big E!

Made a post, Smoke made me TOAST.
Just referring to some shirts he's had before. Went on Vacation, returned on Probation.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/24/18 at 10:41 PM.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider, sprinter6p
9/24/18, 11:15 PM   #75
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Made a post, Smoke made me TOAST.
Just referring to some shirts he's had before. Went on Vacation, returned on Probation.
Gimme a cushion, or I’ll tweet about track condition.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, sprinter6p
9/25/18, 7:03 AM   #76
TKRacing

What is up with this 7horse guy?
KTJ owns the 69 stuff and the 63 stuff. My understanding is it’s merely sponsorship from Dooling and Hoffman. I also know that KT works on his own stuff.
Sunshine earned his way with Clauson by working his butt off and learning the other side of the business from Tim and BC and also I believe owned his own 23 sprint car a few years back.

Good drivers and professionalism bring in sponsors. Why hate on them for making it?

9/25/18, 3:28 PM   #77
SPRINTCAR

Just get rid of the Allstars and I will still pay the $30 Gen. Admission. They took up a lot of time. I was there for the USAC show.

7 members like this post: Dffuchs12, dirt330, duel, Eatin Dirt, mc/rider, The Old Coyote, tj39
9/25/18, 5:32 PM   #78
revjimk

How about Allstars & WoO co-sponsor on Friday nite? I know, not likely, but it would leave more time for pure wingless USAC action on Saturday....

5 members like this post: dirt330, DRFan87, duel, jim goerge, The Old Coyote
9/26/18, 12:10 PM   #79
KokomoJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
How about Allstars & WoO co-sponsor on Friday nite? I know, not likely, but it would leave more time for pure wingless USAC action on Saturday....
Most of the All-Star guys on Saturday ran with the WoO guys Friday. Not sure what kind of differences between them that would have them have to change over if they want to run both. Maybe enough that has to happen overnight/next day?

Did not see any WoO regulars that ran with All-Stars so looks to be one-way.

9/26/18, 12:13 PM   #80
KokomoJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
Just get rid of the Allstars and I will still pay the $30 Gen. Admission. They took up a lot of time. I was there for the USAC show.
Won't happen --> Tony Stewart owns the All-Stars

The WoO and All-Stars just kicked up a lot of dust and might have contributed to the fast deterioration of the track surface.

The WoO race was a good one -- Blaney almost got Marks on final lap. All-Stars were more spread out.
Last edited by KokomoJoe; 9/26/18 at 12:14 PM. Reason: added more

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou vs Stewart