IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Overhead Hoist Track
1/6/21, 9:55 AM   #1
Overhead Hoist Track
SprintCar6

Hey guys. I'm looking for help. I have a trailer with an upper deck but it does not have the overhead hoist system. Does anyone know where the overhead track can be purchased at? I've tried United and Cargo Mate and have gotten no where. It looks like normal enclosed conveyor track but there isn't any out there I can find that would be rated for the weight of a sprint car. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1/8/21, 12:23 PM   #2
Re: Overhead Hoist Track
the visitor

I would think you would have to find out if your trailer frame system could handle the weight .
Then you could use a I beam , I would find out what they use , steel or aluminum.
I used aluminum in the shop to make mine and it carrys the weight just fine but that would be up to you.

1/9/21, 8:38 PM   #3
SprintCar6

Supports were added to the roof of the trailer to support the weight. I beams cause a height issue as the upper deck is 57” tall and the chassis is 55”. Need the boxed channel like all the conventional sprint car trailers have.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Overhead Hoist Track