IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou
10/13/23, 10:45 AM   #11
Re: Ballou
NoDramazone2020

RB is an entertainer in the entertainment industry that is Sprint Car racing. He is always giving 100% when he gets on the track. Sprint car racing is better with him in it.

10/13/23, 2:01 PM   #12
BrentTFunk

I like Robert. Robert does a lot of nice things for people away from the track. He is also really good with kids at the track. He is a hard worker, and it takes a lot to run his own team. He has had what has to be a frustrating season. I think that got the best of him when he made his comments.
There have been more higher paying races this year, and that is good for everyone. I would think that drivers would try to grow it, instead of hold things back. Those types of baseless accusations don't help anything. They definitely don't help bring people into the sport, or make a car owner or sponsor step up to help Robert.
As far as Justin goes, I think he is just that good right now, and his confidence is through the roof. He is a guy who works on his stuff, and really understands his car. Running 3 divisions on both dirt and pavement helps him. I think running Silver Crown helps with conserving tires, and keeping the car straight. He has more to lose than to gain by cheating.

10/14/23, 9:51 PM   #13
Kart#51

If you “sniff” around you might find the answer.

10/14/23, 10:37 PM   #14
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
He has more to lose than to gain by cheating.
Agreed if you believe the governing body treats all of its competitors equally. I for one do not so your statement doesn’t work for me. Some believe it’s a level playing field others do not. We move forward and keep on racing.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, nathans1012, streetglider
10/15/23, 6:01 PM   #15
BrentTFunk

Dq

2 members like this post: oppweld, Vookie
10/15/23, 8:48 PM   #16
flagboy55

And thankfully we will take your advice my friend and keep racing. In the world we live in I’ve become skeptical of just about everything. But after the tiregate earlier, and the attention it brought, you would have to be completely corrupt to allow any sort of foul play. I’ve been wrong before, and quite sure I will be again, but I can’t believe any hijinx are playing out now.

10/17/23, 3:25 PM   #17
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Agreed if you believe the governing body treats all of its competitors equally. I for one do not so your statement doesn’t work for me. Some believe it’s a level playing field others do not. We move forward and keep on racing.
It is funny, as you are the only one who seems to think this over and over. Who are these other non believers? Anybody can make baseless accusations. That in no way makes them facts. I spoke to 4 drivers, 2 car owners, 1 promoter, 1 ex promoter, and 2 media members, and they all agreed on one thing. People like you like to stir things up because, you are jealous of people who are more successful than you.
It really is pathetic and is like a spoiled child. I wish you could find something to do that actually makes you happy. I doubt that thing exists. You seem okay with being miserable and try to make the world miserable with you. Either that or you think you are far more intelligent than everyone else. Which obviously you are not.
Do you remember when Robert was accused of having a big motor? Someone filed a protest, and officials proved him to have one smaller than some of his competitors. That is how you get things done.
I hope you find something to make you happy. I am sure you will come back with the same old recycled garbage. You will do everything , but produce facts.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 10/17/23 at 3:27 PM.

10/18/23, 9:14 AM   #18
yeleyfan76

We were asked not to do this name calling stuff back and forth on the board anymore by another member on one of the previous posts. I have complied. Take a nap, you sound tired and now childish.
I am not the one who started the feelings of distrust here with Usac. They brought that on themselves.

10/18/23, 6:37 PM   #19
flagboy55

I have to interject in this exchange. Ironically I consider both 76 and Brent good friends. Not to get into ********, so I will try to avoid direct comparisons, but if you’re paying attention, you will notice that we’ve been lied to about things that affect all of us, not just us who come together here as race fan’s. Do I think a race series could be bought, I side with 76 and say yes. Do I think they have, I side with Brent and say no. We will never know. It’s hard to bite the hand that feeds. Considering the question that started this and the sponsor involved, I don’t think it’s out of the question to question it. I happen to believe in the integrity of someone in the club that it wouldn’t happen. In 76’s defense, he’s planning on driving to Oklahoma from Pennsylvania to watch the final weekend, how many other’s can say that?

1 member likes this post: Kart#51
10/18/23, 10:45 PM   #20
Twister17

Let me just settle this thread once and for all since nobody on here likes facts. Ballou hasn’t won a Usac race this year. I’m not sure if his +/- this year is garnering him a passing master. The obvious conclusion is everyone else is cheating.

4 members like this post: Hubie48, Joekocjan, OnTheHammer, PAW
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou