IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trucks on Speed at Eldora
7/24/13, 1:40 PM   #51
johnnythunderhead
Banned

if tony waters the track, the driver's will go fast and will be knocking down the walls with yellow after yellow; if he doesn't, they'll be spinning their wheels and creating billows of dust that can't be seen through/ either way all we'll get out of this is a bad feed for dirt tracks from the t v audience/ why doesn't he put the napcar boys and girl in non wing sprint cars (that'd separate the real rACcers from the rest) and would endear the t v audience to dirt tracks watchin danica and the other " un " racers go end over end as they sail out of the park!

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 7/24/13 at 1:42 PM.

7/24/13, 2:29 PM   #52
Re: Trucks on Speed at Eldora
Ty

We need someone who knows a little thing or two about dirt. Rob Klepper and Brad Doty would be a good combo for tonight

4 members like this post: jim goerge, speed bump, Tom23, TQ29m
7/24/13, 2:58 PM   #53
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
endear the t v audience to dirt tracks watchin danica and the other " un " racers go end over end as they sail out of the park!

Posted via Mobile Device
Is that what "endears" you to racing? I'd love to tell you what I think of your opinion, but I would severely violate Bill's rules. So I'll just do this
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

6 members like this post: bpa94, dirt330, jim goerge, Mud Packer, TQ29m, Xflagman
7/24/13, 3:33 PM   #54
2HWrench

Posted via Mobile Device

7/24/13, 3:37 PM   #55
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamrockRacin'48G View Post
When I was younger, I loved the Baltes guy (Terry I think) that announced over there, who has since passed away RIP... man I would love to hear him again..it was something like: "On the clock now, Driving the number 63 Bob Hampshire/ JW Hunt Strawberry Farms car, he rides em high because he's not afraid to die...He hails from Troy, Ohio, and he's a Fullll Ti-me Ra-cer, Ladies and Gentlemen Mr. J-a-c-k H-e-w-i-t-t...." ......wow they dont do it like that anymore, send chills up my spine thinkin back about those days, guess Im gettin older...

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device
Terry Baltes has his own commercial real estate company in Dayton, Ohio...never heard anything about him passing.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

7/24/13, 3:42 PM   #56
EBookerFan

I am a race fan, be paved or dirt, and the truck series over the years have been the best racing of the 3 top NASCAR series. If you have attended a 4 Crown race and watched the track gloss over for the Silver Crown race, this what you will get tonight. The driver that can save his tires the longest and finesse this track with a bit of luck will have good chance to win. Go Newman.

7/24/13, 3:46 PM   #57
Sawdust101

Won't be much to saving tires when your only going 58 MPH.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, speed bump
7/24/13, 4:00 PM   #58
TQ29m

I have to assume that GoodYear will be supplying tires, just hope they have something other than a spec tire to work with, sounded like Newman, Larson, and a couple of others were trying some different one's last night, I'm sure they will come up with a suitable combination. Any non racers out there think they can do better than 58mph on a dirt track with an 800+hp monster under the hood, I don't think the line is too long yet, just step right up, I'm sure someone will pay you to drive their truck, if you can show them how to do it, you might just get a ride, "NOT"! I'm glad to see some of the real drivers get a chance to show their talents, like they say, "Dirt is for racin, pavement is just for gettin there"! Bob

2 members like this post: weirracing, Xflagman
7/24/13, 7:17 PM   #59
Wingman

Posted via Mobile Device

7/24/13, 7:19 PM   #60
Wingman

Currently watching: One Word "Slow"

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: speed bump
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trucks on Speed at Eldora