IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need your opinion
6/26/13, 11:32 AM   #21
Re: Need your opinion
john3g

Other than the bad track prep comment, that is rare at Kokomo,I dont see where it's worth blowing up about. Its his opinion. He didn't lie to my knowledge...did he? He just stated his concerns and observations. Should he have checked the schedule YES..I did laugh about that by the way.But the guy was just giving his opinion. It's not fact it's just his opinion. Now, I understand that his "opinions" were in the form of shots directed at what some on here believe to be hollowed ground known as an Indiana Dirt track but my gosh guy's, it was his "opinion"... does he deserve to be told that, "he better hope that he doesn't get his but kicked" Seriously, lighten up! He made a comment,his opinion thats it! I have seen comments a lot worse on this site, a lot worse! Some on here take this way to seriously...This is my "opinion"...Enjoy the races and fireworks (my fav) this weekend wherever you go!!!
Last edited by john3g; 6/26/13 at 11:38 AM.

6 members like this post: cws9, fish, Joe Kidd, Morgan7m, PJ Wright, Russ
6/26/13, 5:37 PM   #22
Jerry Spencer

The track prep or lack of is what I did not understand, Kokomo and Gas City bust there butts to put on a good show.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon/Colescotts Mobil-1

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, oldfan49
6/26/13, 6:05 PM   #23
Andrew S. Quinn

After a bit of looking I found his e-mail address which is dudleybalmer@yahoo.com for those interested in sending him a note about his column.

I just sent him an e-mail telling him I didnt care for his column,and hoped that Gas City and Kokomo take him off their press list.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 6/26/13 at 6:12 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, reeserx
6/26/13, 8:30 PM   #24
c47

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
So he writes a story for an internet site and complains about having to check the same internet for a tracks schedule? Sounds a bit odd to me???
ahhhhhhhhhhh......BINGO
and though im not part of the media, i would ASSUME that if you are, you should call ahead to see if your credentials are good to get you in for no charge....and (ask eckert) if they do let you in free, i would also assume that you should be writing some good press in your story, not find negativity at every step along the way.....

1 member likes this post: short track scott
6/26/13, 9:59 PM   #25
Bad Dad 54

Having known Dudley for several years he has indeed done it all. Drove sprint cars PA area, Promoted races, & he has been critical in the past of promoters now days. Most are a buncha gate keepers at best. Me I've only seen one dusty show at Gas City, Kokomo I won't go to anymore as I don't care for the attitude of the track personnel. Only decent one there is the gal in the pit shack, the cops are mean, rude & nasty so I stay away. Yeah get down there once in a while, I'll be down in Jul at GC. Dudley said he was gonna ruffle some feathers w/ his story, he did just that. I've posted stories on here b4 & said I wouldn't say who, what or where about a pit fight. Right away the drama queens wanted to know that very same info. Never did tell, however only 1 was punished & not both

6/26/13, 10:07 PM   #26
Sprintfan1985

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjaxx1987 View Post
Sounds like he's mad they didnt get an easy free pass and weren't catered to at Kokomo or Gas City. Also you dont have to live on the net to know when a track runs, just pick up a schedule or maybe if you had some racing friends they would let you in on when tracks were and werent running...
If they attended races at either one of the tracks, they announce over and over at both when they will be racing and when they wont be. Honestly, you can't say anything bad about Kokomo's track prep. Usually is the best around and always an excellent track and very racey. As for getting in free, if people don't pay, then they can't keep the doors open which kills the sport we all love. Sounds like he should just stay home and not annoy us with his ignorance. Writing that article is a good way to not being welcomed back to the tracks

6/26/13, 10:15 PM   #27
slick01

Race Count This Year: 31
Race Count Last Year: 48

From the media pass perspective, my wife has been denied twice at Kokomo. The tracks personnel were nice about it all. It wasn't always the tracks fault at any place. The folks who were supposed to handle it didn't. The folks at Kokomo were nice about it, Sprig with USAC as well. I just fessed up the extra and paid for the wife's pit pass. This didn't get her all access to the infield for better shots. We don't hold the track at fault. They have dedicated photographer's and such and we pop in for a show or two a year. When you live 600 miles away it makes a difference. The Pastor needs to realize how fortunate he is. And if you compare Bloomington to Kokomo on track prep during midget week...he saw a mirage.

6/26/13, 10:32 PM   #28
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I didn't realize the racing community was full of experienced heavy equipment operators.

Any time I read someone comment on the internet about track prep it makes me laugh.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: racephoto1, SCOTT M, Tim Bookmiller, weirracing
6/27/13, 7:07 AM   #29
TommyBahama

It's amazing to me how the "media" will absolutely lose their mind if they have to actually pay to go to a race. Most of them over inflate their importance to the event, expecting free admission for writing their Internet ramblings that only a few people read. When a go to a race I almost always buy a pit pass rather than general admission, the cost of putting on a race has to be astronomical. If everyone got in free by writing some Internet drivel their wouldn't be races for us to go to.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Bluteam, cjaxx1987, erich45
6/27/13, 8:03 AM   #30
Sawdust101

Maybe he should Pray for free passes and that there will be racing on that night they show up.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, TBONE
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need your opinion