IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > *** Circle City Raceway
3/8/23, 8:14 PM   #11
cmiracingvids

Based on the steel block sprints Facebook page, I wouldn’t be surprised if they get more cars for a weekly show than say Paragon, Putnamville or Lawrenceburg. In fact, almost every show I went to last year at Lawrenceburg had like 16 sprints.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Leohr46, tirespinner
3/8/23, 9:14 PM   #12
Re: *** Circle City Raceway
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
Based on the steel block sprints Facebook page, I wouldn’t be surprised if they get more cars for a weekly show than say Paragon, Putnamville or Lawrenceburg. In fact, almost every show I went to last year at Lawrenceburg had like 16 sprints.
I'd bet you a whole lot of $ that Paragon and LPS get more 410's than the steel blocks

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3/9/23, 6:05 PM   #13
svfd830

Why hating on the steel block guys? Atleast they are attempting to race and put on the best show possible. Just cause they don't have 50k motors doesn't mean they don't put on a good shoe. It's their third year. Takes time to build a series. Especially in today's economy. Give them a chance and you might just be surprised. Jmo

3/9/23, 6:17 PM   #14
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by svfd830 View Post
Why hating on the steel block guys? Atleast they are attempting to race and put on the best show possible. Just cause they don't have 50k motors doesn't mean they don't put on a good shoe. It's their third year. Takes time to build a series. Especially in today's economy. Give them a chance and you might just be surprised. Jmo
If they were a support class then no problem. But if they are replacing the 410's then no thanks I'll pass.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5 members like this post: brown11b, flagboy55, PAW, spankytoo, TQ97
3/9/23, 7:40 PM   #15
brown11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
I don't think you can go by the facebook page to generate a number for likely car count.

In 2022, from what I can find on RacePass, they had 11 shows spread at 3 tracks.
The average car count was under 13.
The season high to start a feature was 17 at Paragon on September 14.
The low car count was 8 on April 30 at Paragon.
They had 18 sign in at Paragon on June 4th, but only 14 cars started the feature.

I imagine they will get a strong car count at their Gas City show this year since it is a co-sanctioned event with a group out of Wisconsin or Minnesota. Outside of the Gas City special I am not sure they will ever be a threat to run a B-Main.

3/9/23, 8:14 PM   #16
kcarm92

Dirtfan went to their meet and greet Saturday, noise is not a problem,

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
3/9/23, 8:31 PM   #17
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown11b View Post
I don't think you can go by the facebook page to generate a number for likely car count.

In 2022, from what I can find on RacePass, they had 11 shows spread at 3 tracks.
The average car count was under 13.
The season high to start a feature was 17 at Paragon on September 14.
The low car count was 8 on April 30 at Paragon.
They had 18 sign in at Paragon on June 4th, but only 14 cars started the feature.

I imagine they will get a strong car count at their Gas City show this year since it is a co-sanctioned event with a group out of Wisconsin or Minnesota. Outside of the Gas City special I am not sure they will ever be a threat to run a B-Main.
The other series is out of Wisconsin

They run mostly at Wilmot
Wisconsin WingLESS Sprints - 604 Crate Non-Wing
They get Mid 30 to high 30’s for car count when they race at Wilmot

Been there a few times just about 90 miles from my house here in Northwest Indiana. They put on a good show.
Last edited by nathans1012; 3/9/23 at 8:34 PM.

7 members like this post: brown11b, DaveP63, flagboy55, jdull99, jonboat15, oppweld, TNRustler
3/11/23, 6:03 AM   #18
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
The other series is out of Wisconsin

They run mostly at Wilmot
Wisconsin WingLESS Sprints - 604 Crate Non-Wing
They get Mid 30 to high 30’s for car count when they race at Wilmot

Been there a few times just about 90 miles from my house here in Northwest Indiana. They put on a good show.
(Just from watching a fair number of time thru the years) I somewhat feel like they are a Silver Crown version of Sprint Cars; GREAT racing, maybe a little more thought out (like you can't recover as much, or however you wana say it) than full-powered open engine 410s; but still a good version of v8 open-wheel non-wing racing.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, nathans1012, oppweld
4/12/23, 9:28 PM   #19
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Ok Race Fans, Need some updated info.

The USAC website Sprint schedule shows event info after each event except for Circle city on Thursday May 25th? Have they just not replaced or deleted them yet? I had planned to go along with my normal 500 week racing (THAT -Wed, Circle-Thur, IRP-Fri,LIL500-Sat & KOKO- Sun).

Not sure if I can cancel the room or just eat it and go bet the ponies in Shelbyville?
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

4/12/23, 9:59 PM   #20
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
Ok Race Fans, Need some updated info.

The USAC website Sprint schedule shows event info after each event except for Circle city on Thursday May 25th? Have they just not replaced or deleted them yet? I had planned to go along with my normal 500 week racing (THAT -Wed, Circle-Thur, IRP-Fri,LIL500-Sat & KOKO- Sun).

Not sure if I can cancel the room or just eat it and go bet the ponies in Shelbyville?
Keep your plans.

Terre Haute is now Tuesday, May 23. Circle City is on for Thursday, May 25. There should be some news about Wednesday, May 24 coming soon.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > *** Circle City Raceway