IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
turn4fan
  #1 12/3/08 8:04 PM
Anyone have any information on any confirmed drivers/teams? Is modern day cowboy going to run family car in 2009? T-mez with Baldwin? Weir? Stanbrough? Ballou? Trucker's team drivers? Foxco fielding a car? Stewart and Kahne teams keeping same drivers?
Fisher79
  #2 12/3/08 11:22 PM
Small answer to a big question, but I had a brief chat with Josh Ford on Facebook today and he said he will be out here all summer. 73 car, I assume.
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #3 12/4/08 12:09 AM
Thanks for the "small answer", Derek. That is good news. Josh is a nice guy and I look forward to seeing him more.

Frank Daigh
jjones776 (Offline)
  #4 12/4/08 10:32 AM
brady bacon is out at kkr. not sure if they are going to run sweet or not.
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #5 12/4/08 10:51 AM
Just a guess, but I would look for guys like Hockett,Clayton and Ballou to run as much of the ASCS Lucas series as possible.

The purses are consistantly better and they have T.V..
Fisher79
  #6 12/4/08 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE:
Just a guess, but I would look for guys like Hockett,Clayton and Ballou to run as much of the ASCS Lucas series as possible.

The purses are consistantly better and they have T.V..
Not to get off topic but, losing those three on a consistent basis would be a pretty big hit to the talent/excitement pool around here. Kinda makes a guy wish USAC could've drawn Lucas and some TV......
Shawn (Offline)
  #7 12/4/08 11:16 AM
Well, I'm not sure how much of a sign it is, but the classifieds might tell some of the story. Daron Clayton has his 2006 Beast for sale, which isn't too much of a shock.

However, in the ad it reads that trades accepted are new Maxim / J&J winged sprint car frames, new or slightly used. So, could this be the sign of Clayton going back to the winged sprint car ranks? I hope not...
mortboyz
  #8 12/4/08 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by jjones776:
Maybe Bacon Bits can team-up with the Eubanks again?
GPracing6
  #9 12/4/08 3:22 PM
Originally Posted by jjones776:
I know Sweet will be back but have not heard either way about Brady
mscs20 (Offline)
  #10 12/4/08 6:12 PM
KKR is only running 1 USAC team (B. Sweet) next year but going to a 2 car team in WoO adding Craig Dollansky. Sponsorship $$$ seems to be the reason, not Brady's performance.