IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > radical race gear suits?
4/21/15, 11:45 AM   #1
radical race gear suits?
xoxide

Anyone worn a radical race gear suit? Looking for a custom tailored suit, I've been wearing a leaf racewear suit, and it's pretty comfortable, but the price tag on the RRG suit is killer.

Anyone worn one and could give me some
Opinions?

4/21/15, 12:06 PM   #2
Chase Briscoe

I just got one and have been wearing it since the Chili Bowl, I love mine! I would highly recommend it.

1 member likes this post: fish
4/21/15, 12:11 PM   #3
Re: radical race gear suits?
Bill84

Race Count This Year: 17
Race Count Last Year: 13

If they're that much cheaper than a quality suit like say Hinchman, I'd be concerned about the materials they are using, and the craftsmanship of the product. You're on the right track to ask around about them before buying. Safety isn't something to cheap out on.

Bill

1 member likes this post: scottyCbus
4/21/15, 3:29 PM   #4
xoxide

Thanks chase.

Bill, its not so much about cheapint out, I'm simply just not paying the $2500 price tag for a simple suit custom fit to me. I've seen a few big names using them, so the quality isn't a huge concern... Was more questioning the fit and comfort.

From what hinchman told me, most suit makers buy a generic suit from over seas and custom tailor them anyways.

1 member likes this post: weidgang
4/21/15, 5:50 PM   #5
TheOldExpress

Always be concerned about the quality, it's a fire suit not a prom dress. Just because big names have them doesn't always mean that they are the best, simply the ones that gave the best deal in most cases.

4/21/15, 6:51 PM   #6
xoxide

Again. I'm not looking for opinions or lectures about price point and safety. I'm not a noob.

I've heard good things from people about radical suits, just was looking for some opinions from PEOPLE WHO HAVE WORN THEM on their comfort and fit.

2 members like this post: 46901, Chastain75
4/21/15, 7:09 PM   #7
griffithracing

Got a suit a couple months ago and love it! Butch is a great guy! I also got the custom gloves, and they are awesome!
Attached Images
image.jpg (1.43 MB, 240 views)

1 member likes this post: Tony74
4/22/15, 7:04 PM   #8
Joe Whisler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post

From what hinchman told me, most suit makers buy a generic suit from over seas and custom tailor them anyways.
This is not at all an accurate statement, regardless of which brand. If this is what you came away with from a conversation with us, we need to be more clear.

(Our suits start at $799, and are ALL custom tailored to your measurements.)
Last edited by Joe Whisler; 4/22/15 at 7:08 PM.

4/22/15, 8:17 PM   #9
LEADERS EDGE

I heard they implode

1 member likes this post: Kellen Conover
4/22/15, 8:32 PM   #10
xoxide

"We are rarely the least expensive at the initial purchase, due to the higher quality materials we use and that we actually manufacture our suits (right here at our shop in Indianapolis). Most others either have foreign manufacturing or just farm it out to China, Pakistan, Romania, Egypt, Tunisia, etc. We do find that our customers tend to wear our suits much longer."
I wasn't talking poorly about you guys in any way shape or form, just wanted to make sure that was known haha. I was just stating what was told to me in reference to some other companies. I never did get a quote back from you guys though

I spoke with Butch over at Radical today and think ive made my decision, it was a refreshing experience for someone to go out of their way to call and chat with me about their products and answer any questions I had, rather than me trying to jump through hoops to get in touch with someone.

Thankyou everyone for your input!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > radical race gear suits?