IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > craziest or most exciting moment in a race this summer
11/2/09, 9:32 PM   #1
craziest or most exciting moment in a race this summer
hoosierfan

So everybody what is the craziest or most exciting moment you seen in a race this year? Not necisarily a whole race just something that happened in the race. I would have to say Hmeil's flip and wall ride stands out in my mind.
Posted via Mobile Device

11/2/09, 9:45 PM   #2
Re: craziest or most exciting moment in a race this summer
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierfan View Post
So everybody what is the craziest or most exciting moment you seen in a race this year? Not necisarily a whole race just something that happened in the race. I would have to say Hmeil's flip and wall ride stands out in my mind.
Posted via Mobile Device
Although I didn't see it, I was there and I saw the aftermath. It was at Lawrenceburg 10-3-09 for the MSCS 10k to win show. Hockett was involved in an early wreck with Brady Bacon. He went into the pits and came back out. After pushing off, his throttle stuck and he went for what I heard was a nasty tumble down the backstretch. They weren't even lined back up yet for a restart!! That can happen, but it just never usually does. Crazy.

11/2/09, 9:52 PM   #3
cmakin

Most exciting for me was the Sprint Week event at Kamp. That is one that I will remember for a long time.

11/2/09, 10:14 PM   #4
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

I'd nominate Memmer's tirade at VCS.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
11/2/09, 10:14 PM   #5
Rpracing1

Best was Bloomington's 67 car MSCS Show..........Worst was Chandler's 14 car Scora Steel/Aluminum Block Fiasco...

11/2/09, 10:18 PM   #6
Danny Burton

The young man from Ohio who flipped at the 'burg, kept it going even though the red waved.

That ranked up there with the night that J.T. stuck his sprinter's nose into the Twin Cities backstretch. Not to mention when Dickie stuck his sprinter in the fence like a fly on flypaper at Bloomington.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
Last edited by Danny Burton; 11/2/09 at 10:20 PM.

11/2/09, 10:43 PM   #7
Jerry Shaw

#1- The last lap of the Hall of Fame Classic @ Angell Park. Clauson led @ the white flag. Hagen dove down and snatched the lead away in the first turn and just checked out on the back stretch. It looked aver and done with. But BC just stood on it, really rocketed off of turn 4 and somehow beat Darren to the flag stand.

#2- The last lap of the Sprint Week race @ Kamp. Boat edged ahead on the back stretch. Darland out drag raced him into turn three and looked to be on his way to victory. Until Cole Whitt shot off of turn four and made a furious charge for the line. Nobody there had any idea who had just won. Klepper had to tell us that is was DD.

#3- The last turn, of the last lap @ Oskaloosa. Hockett was leading coming off of turn 4, but Darland had been reeling him in for several laps and had the momentum. Nose to tail, they came upon a lapped car about 100 yds from the flag stand. They split him, one going high and one going low. Like the race at Kamp, you had no idea who had just won. Then Jesse did a flying donut on the victory lap, that was unlike any I had ever seen.

There are just a few. There were many this year, that as soon as I post this, I'll think "I can't believe I left that one out."

Jerry

Winston Churchill

11/2/09, 11:06 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
Most exciting for me was the Sprint Week event at Kamp. That is one that I will remember for a long time.
I was gonna say the same thing. The way DD and Whitt, Boat and Stanbrough were side by side swapping spots often several times in the same lap for what seemed like the second half of the race was incredible. What was more amazing was the cars were fourty feet apart. DD and Boat on the outside wall and Whitt and SBro on the inside. You could have raced a dump truck between em

then I came home and read 7 pages of how bad it musta been. LOL
Chuck
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 11/2/09 at 11:09 PM.

11/3/09, 12:32 AM   #9
midmad68

craziest moment = hockett flipping out of the lead at calistoga

most exciting moment = hasn't happened yet...november 21st midget race at ventura!

11/3/09, 2:45 AM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Hagens Flip in the Eldora opener was a wicked one. Brett Burdette was some 30ft in the air on his LBurg flip. OUCH!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > craziest or most exciting moment in a race this summer