IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg usac sprint race rained out
4/20/19, 6:51 AM   #11
Re: Usac: Lawrenceburg usac sprint race rained out
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Wow! If what you say is true about the WoO race then I guess Usac racing is second rate after all. Afraid of the WoO?? Holy smokes. We are supposed to accept that a wing race on the other side of the state is scheduled and a few usac drivers might want to run it so usac caves??? Wow I must be.gulliable then. Clearly if the WoO is at Haubstadt and USAC is afraid to run anywhere in the state of Indiana that nite much less somewhere else they know they are second rate. What a shame. I guess I need to re-evaluate my thoughts of usac and especially it’s leadership. Kind of thought they were weak after decisions made last year but if this is true, that solidifies it. What a shame, the best sprint car racing in the country and they are afraid of the WoO. So sad.
What if it is the tracks decision not to run against it? USAC can not tell a track we are running on this date. Maybe it is the fairgrounds decision? Could they have another event going that weekend? I would doubt that the Haubstadt race would be the only factor.

3 members like this post: Big Game Hunter, jim goerge, opnwhlmnd
4/20/19, 6:56 AM   #12
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7horse View Post
They don't have any problem running on Memorial Day or Independence Day at Lawrenceburg, what's wrong with Easter?
I would think for one thing it is short notice. Might be tough to get all the employees needed to work. Also shifting to a holiday, the police and emt people would probably come at a higher cost. You and I would be there, but they would also lose a portion of the gate from people who already had plans. A lot of tracks have cancelled this weekend, how many have rescheduled for Easter. Must be a reason.

4 members like this post: erich45, jim goerge, mc/rider, PIT CART
4/20/19, 7:16 AM   #13
PJ Wright

On Easter, racing is not what I'm going to be thinking about.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4/20/19, 8:43 AM   #14
JakeCroxton

Think about it this way...these are my numbers and not specific...but let's say I usually clear $10k on my event on a perfect day. My advertising budget for that event for print, radio, fb, the proper channels was 3k. Then I had to reschedule, so the same event makes 10k...but I spent an ADDITIONAL 3k on advertising to get the word out on the new date...add in the additional 3k on the third rain date and now you start to see why a rain date is less tasty to a promoter, let alone a second rain date on short notice. If you can have an advertised rain date with notice like the Outlaw shows have...the same money creates the same awareness.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, K9Racer, mc/rider
4/20/19, 8:51 AM   #15
Gregg

8:30 AM Saturday we can also briefly say that the race is 'snowed out'. Yep, the 'burg has snow.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
4/20/19, 10:13 AM   #16
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
8:30 AM Saturday we can also briefly say that the race is 'snowed out'. Yep, the 'burg has snow.
Yup Just in from CNN.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/20/19 at 1:03 PM.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, RockinRy, Will Shunk
4/20/19, 3:36 PM   #17
Indy

It's a religious biblical holiday compared to national non-religious holidays.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99, jim goerge, RockinRy
4/20/19, 4:08 PM   #18
cleatziff

Racing going head to head with a major religious holiday seems like a losing proposition. Even nascar doesn’t try to go head to head with religion.

3 members like this post: jdull99, racefan20, RockinRy
4/20/19, 6:55 PM   #19
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Wow! If what you say is true about the WoO race then I guess Usac racing is second rate after all. Afraid of the WoO?? Holy smokes. We are supposed to accept that a wing race on the other side of the state is scheduled and a few usac drivers might want to run it so usac caves??? Wow I must be.gulliable then. Clearly if the WoO is at Haubstadt and USAC is afraid to run anywhere in the state of Indiana that nite much less somewhere else they know they are second rate. What a shame. I guess I need to re-evaluate my thoughts of usac and especially it’s leadership. Kind of thought they were weak after decisions made last year but if this is true, that solidifies it. What a shame, the best sprint car racing in the country and they are afraid of the WoO. So sad.
Way overboard.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, erich45, mc/rider
4/22/19, 11:49 AM   #20
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

May 4th, yes WoO is at Haubstadt, but Florence Speedway about 20 minutes down the road has a Lucas Oil Late Model race. The WoO date would divide some of their Sprint Car fan base, and possibly a competitor or 2; and Florence running a big race slightly divides fans in the that area. While there isn't a huge Late Model-Sprint Car cross over fan base, they do exist. The kitty is just divided up too much May 4.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg usac sprint race rained out