IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Seat Reserving
4/13/19, 3:07 PM   #31
JordanBlanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
So why didn't DD get the hard charger?
From a USAC reply on their Facebook: “Darland was gridded 20th in the official lineup after a penalty against another team for being late to staging.”

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/13/19, 3:48 PM   #32
Rpracing1

Was there a penalty for the car that lost the right rear wheel cover by the flag stand? That frisbee flying into crowd could have potentially been ugly.

4/13/19, 6:21 PM   #33
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
New aluminum grandstands in themselves are a great improvement. Overall though having them raised took away a heck of a lot of the hill viewing and that is what I think made Bloomington different and special, not to mention the asphalt seating behind the main stand. New stands took away about half of lower turn one hill seating (obstructed viewing in many spots) and stands to left of main grandstands are about half useful. All of the lower upper hill area is now useless for viewing and I don't know what they are going to do for seating come Indiana midget and sprint weeks. I do believe there are going to be many disgruntled fans. Don't know if the main stand could be lowered some but that might help. Not trying to be negative but just stating the facts as I see them or don't see them.

Bruce Eckel
I think their best option at this point in time would be to add more identical new bleachers to both the north and south sides of new stands.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45, mc/rider, WinglessLovers
4/13/19, 6:59 PM   #34
Re: Bloomington Seat Reserving
BrentTFunk

I sat in the first row of the new grandstands the last section towards turn 1. It is by far the best view I have ever had at Bloomington. I never sit above the walkway on the hill, because the cars are so far away it is like watching them on tv. I was really happy to have walkways free of lawn chairs.

4/13/19, 7:55 PM   #35
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I think their best option at this point in time would be to add more identical new bleachers to both the north and south sides of new stands.
We was told by the track when we paid for our spot on the concrete that next year the grandstands will be all the way to the north end the grandstands.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Rpracing1, tirespinner
4/13/19, 8:54 PM   #36
ByronMack

Really?, a track that very well could have been shut down and turned into a housing addition is saved and you're complaining because a few seats are reserved for people that have been coming to the track for thirty plus years? Im just glad the track is still running.

4/13/19, 11:37 PM   #37
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

There are only 12 rows in the new bleachers. There used to be over 20 rows, plus you could put lawn chairs in front. I suspect they will be installing more bleachers to the north or turn 4 side, where remnants of the old ones were police taped off. The new bleachers are raised blocking view of the track where people used to put lawn chairs up the hill on turn 1. Everyone is grateful the track is still open, but as it now stands, a couple thousand seats were lost. I suspect they will have more bleachers installed before midget week. At the race last night, there were about as many people up the hill on turn 4 as there was in the bleachers. Very few people were up the hill on turn 1 because the new stands obstructs the view in many locations. The pit stands were packed during the feature.
Last edited by Adolph; 4/13/19 at 11:47 PM.

4/14/19, 12:05 AM   #38
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronMack View Post
Really?, a track that very well could have been shut down and turned into a housing addition is saved and you're complaining because a few seats are reserved for people that have been coming to the track for thirty plus years? Im just glad the track is still running.
If you don't have it on your website, your press releases, or your social media; yes I have a problem with having random un-announced reserved seating. I stated I had a bad experience, and when a track does this I get upset all over again. I just want to know the rules. They announced seat marking from 10a to 4p Friday; cool. They didn't say reserve seating opportunities being sold, and to look for them. If they had, cool as long as clearly marked. Surprise on raceday that prime location is gone forever, not ok. I just want to know the rules when I walk into the place so I know what to expect and where I can be.

With the limited # of races, lots of people may have wanted to buy reserve. 30 years or just moved to the area, if they are going to reserve seats they need to be offered up for everyone to take advantage.

I don't want to pee on someones years of dedication, I just expect to know what to expect and have an opportunity to take advantage of something worth taking advantage of.

As far as the new stands; the old ones weren't that bad but an upgrade was a good idea. So far it seems good intentions caused a lot of bad consequences. Hopefully the plan is to keep adding. The catch fence I think should have been the more urgent item; but the new layout did back everyone away from the track, so there's that.

Hope they get their footing. There are always growing pains; but shouldn't mean we should sit on our hands when there's issues. Now the powers that be know things to work on, if they didn't already.

If I were to still be come Midget Week then maybe that's bashing. But on opening day it's sharing what I think to be a reasonable expectation.

1 member likes this post: Adolph
4/14/19, 2:48 AM   #39
torqueball

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
If you don't have it on your website, your press releases, or your social media; yes I have a problem with having random un-announced reserved seating. I stated I had a bad experience, and when a track does this I get upset all over again. I just want to know the rules. They announced seat marking from 10a to 4p Friday; cool. They didn't say reserve seating opportunities being sold, and to look for them. If they had, cool as long as clearly marked. Surprise on raceday that prime location is gone forever, not ok. I just want to know the rules when I walk into the place so I know what to expect and where I can be.

With the limited # of races, lots of people may have wanted to buy reserve. 30 years or just moved to the area, if they are going to reserve seats they need to be offered up for everyone to take advantage.

I don't want to pee on someones years of dedication, I just expect to know what to expect and have an opportunity to take advantage of something worth taking advantage of.

As far as the new stands; the old ones weren't that bad but an upgrade was a good idea. So far it seems good intentions caused a lot of bad consequences. Hopefully the plan is to keep adding. The catch fence I think should have been the more urgent item; but the new layout did back everyone away from the track, so there's that.

Hope they get their footing. There are always growing pains; but shouldn't mean we should sit on our hands when there's issues. Now the powers that be know things to work on, if they didn't already.

If I were to still be come Midget Week then maybe that's bashing. But on opening day it's sharing what I think to be a reasonable expectation.

The new promoters went above and beyond in regards to the upgrades/changes. They called everyone affected by the changes and explained your options. They could have just renewed everyone and not even mentioned a change in sight lines or whatnot. I received a call in regards to my reserved parking. They explained the new bleachers and encouraged me to come take a look before I paid them. They even discounted prices due to the condensed schedule. It's not like they offered reserved seating to the masses and just didn't tell you.

As for prime location....I put a blanket down in the bleachers at roughly 2-3pm on Friday and you could have your pick of location. The next to the top row was wide open as far as I could see.

I would just like to thank AJ, Levi, Spridge and everyone else that has put effort into this place. I know its a work in progress, but atleast it's progress. To be honest, I didn't even enjoy going to the track the last couple of years. It was like watching a slow death. It's amazing how some paint and care can totally change the atmosphere. I appreciate the efforts.

4/14/19, 4:50 AM   #40
Nate

Glad to see most people enjoyed the new seating arrangements. Now if only they figured out the plumbing for their “urinals”

4 members like this post: Adolph, Charles Nungester, davidm, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Seat Reserving