IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
miledirt (Offline)
  #1 2/14/22 7:04 AM
Will be interesting to see entry list / car count.

What's your guess?
berks co (Offline)
  #2 2/14/22 7:08 AM
Grant said he’ll watch Monday and if tracks good he’ll race Tuesday

Daniel Cohen
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #3 2/14/22 9:55 AM
Since it’s nearly 2 weeks till their next race, I expect all the Outlaws will be taking off their wings and supporting the parent company tonight and running with the Extreme Series! Can’t wait 😊
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #4 2/14/22 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Since it’s nearly 2 weeks till their next race, I expect all the Outlaws will be taking off their wings and supporting the parent company tonight and running with the Extreme Series! Can’t wait 😊
You forgot to use blue font for sarcasm.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, cornerthree, racenut69
staggerman (Offline)
  #5 2/14/22 10:25 AM
You can flip that both ways, where all the nonwingers strapping on the wings for the Woo portion if they are so good?

Xtreme has indicated they have commitments from 15 teams to run the series and my guess is they have 32 cars tonight. My prediction is it will be hard and slick plus they have Late Models running tonight. Tonight works for me get to watch the All Stars and Xtreme, doubleheader!

https://xtremeoutlawseries.com/nonwi...ay-at-volusia/
2 Likes: dkdorkboy, motorhead748
cornerthree (Offline)
  #6 2/14/22 11:56 AM
I expect poor racing on na wore out track. Hope I am wrong.
2 Likes: ginblueearth, oppweld
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #7 2/14/22 12:06 PM
I’m guessing about 28 cars for tonight. I think the track is going to be a crapshoot. It rained some yesterday in Florida, then the sun came out late, the wind picked up out of the N and the temps starting dropping. This morning it is clear and 15-20 mph winds from the NNW, low 40’s and a “feels like” temp of 39 at 10AM local time.

I’m honestly hoping this “experiment” by WRG is successful and expands the opportunities for non winged racing teams and drivers to compete and earn a living.
3 Likes: billw, EBookerFan, nathans1012
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #8 2/14/22 4:10 PM
As of right now via My Race Pass there are 37 XOS 410 Non-Wing Sprints signed in at Volusia Speedway Park

DRIVER - Car #
Brady Bacon - 69
Robert Ballou - 12
Cole Bodine - 57
Chad Boespflug - 2B
Alex Bright - 20
Dustin Clark - 75
Mario Clouser - 6
Shane Cockrum - 66
Shane Cottle - 39
Braxton Cummings - 71B
Briggs Danner - 5G
Zach Daum - 31
Charles Davis Jr. - 47
Carson Garrett - 15
Dennis Gile - 13
Justin Grant - 4
Dallas Hewitt - 21
Jack Hoyer - 57C
Steve Irwin - 0
Jeremy Kerzman - 3K
C.J. Leary - 77
Brandon Mattox - 28M
Jason McDougal - 5M
Thomas Meseraull - 20M
Mitch Moles - 13M
Anthony Nicholson - 16
Brian Ruhlman - 49
Kory Schudy - 28
Logan Seavy - 5S
Kyle Shipley - 17GP
Carson Short - 21S
Landon Simon - 24
Wesley Smith - 44
Chase Stockon - 5
Jake Swanson - 21AZ
Scotty Weir - 21W
Matt Westfall - 33M

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, ginblueearth, luckybuc97, oppweld, PIT CART, TNRustler
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #9 2/14/22 5:02 PM
I hope everything goes well and it all ends up rainbows and unicorns for all involved. Funny to see the WOO embracing real sprints all of a sudden when you might say when they went to wing only, they dealt perhaps the biggest blow to wingless. If it would’ve continued to be the tracks preference, like it was in the beginning, when they would come to Indiana it would be like going to Pennsylvania is now with wings.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #10 2/14/22 5:14 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Not gonna happen in any major turnout IMHO while many could. Their Outlaw team isnt going to do it. If they could find another ride for available dates, Some probably would .

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, Midget98