RED HILL RACEWAY, Sumner IL
race track setting on 80 acres
$600,000
Please SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY!
contact Kevin Bayer
kbayer@psci.net or 812-630-3989

Where did you see this at?

Saw some great races there in the past.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #3 2/6/22 9:25 PM
The original poster is the one selling it

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
nathans1012 (Online)
  #4 2/6/22 9:33 PM
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn:
The original poster is the one selling it

Gotcha.....

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
DaleDuBois (Offline)
  #5 2/7/22 2:26 AM
Red Hill is a good racetrack, I liked racing there. The place has been kept up in good condition. If you don't remember Red Hill was shut down because the owner never had all of the permits to sell booze which was maybe the county permit which maybe he could not get. So he just shut the track down. The owner was from Terre Haute and had an aircraft engine repair business at the Terre Haute airport. He was also a sprint car racer in the past. When I raced there, they always had a good car count. I think the only problem with the track was the concrete blocks on the inside corners of the track as it you hit one of them it tore up your car, when just a few tractor tires would have worked.
2 Likes: luckybuc97, oppweld
shadow51 (Offline)
  #6 2/7/22 4:43 AM
Please correct me I'm wrong, but was thinking it was a dry county....Yes, the inner concrete barriers were a little much..when you were on the track racing thur a turn, there was little far out front vision around the turn,,
nathans1012 (Online)
  #7 2/7/22 9:03 AM
For those that have never been there

Looks like the track had been Kept in decent condition.

Pictures below.
1st picture - When racing took place.
2nd picture - track with grass on it.
3rd picture - from a few years back.

sw1911 (Offline)
  #8 2/7/22 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois:
Red Hill is a good racetrack, I liked racing there. The place has been kept up in good condition. If you don't remember Red Hill was shut down because the owner never had all of the permits to sell booze which was maybe the county permit which maybe he could not get. So he just shut the track down. The owner was from Terre Haute and had an aircraft engine repair business at the Terre Haute airport. He was also a sprint car racer in the past. When I raced there, they always had a good car count. I think the only problem with the track was the concrete blocks on the inside corners of the track as it you hit one of them it tore up your car, when just a few tractor tires would have worked.
I thought Jim Mills was the second owner.
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #9 2/7/22 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois:
Jim Mills

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
DaleDuBois (Offline)
  #10 2/7/22 1:52 PM
It was Jim Mills who shut the track down and he was from Terre Haute.