IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 08 gsxr 1000 wiring??
2/1/15, 9:03 PM   #1
08 gsxr 1000 wiring??
jyoung8j

So I have 2 wires I have no idea where they go!! There's a red and yellow wire coming out of a relay.. one is I'm assuming the positive for battery the red one.. the solid yellow I have no idea.. these r bigger Guage wire then the rest on harness.. prob 8-10 gauge mayb small but definitely a different from everything else.. anyone kno where they go.. I wanna hear her run please help..

2/1/15, 9:04 PM   #2
jyoung8j

I can't post a pick for some reason but if u wanna email me or txt for a pic to help lmk jyoung8j@gmail.Com or 614-499-2272

2/2/15, 12:59 AM   #3
Hustler

Race Count This Year: 18

Yellow wire with red line is fuel pump. The relay it's coming out of is the fuel pump relay.
Edit... Never mind I read it wrong lol. I will see what I can find out
Last edited by Hustler; 2/2/15 at 1:00 AM.

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/2/15, 5:04 AM   #4
Re: 08 gsxr 1000 wiring??
jyoung8j

If someone can help me get a pic posted i have some decent pics to help.. think its a ignition relay cuz the little wire come out of it and go to a switch..

2/2/15, 11:20 AM   #5
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler View Post
Yellow wire with red line is fuel pump. The relay it's coming out of is the fuel pump relay.
Edit... Never mind I read it wrong lol. I will see what I can find out
Hustler

He probably is missing the tracer color. The only Yellow with no tracer wire seems to run to the "Zup Valve Motor"

If the relay also had a small yellow with black tracer>>>> and small orange with white tracer wire>>> along with large yellow with red tracer>>> and large red with blue tracer, >>>that would be great because it would mean that your fuel pump was wired to shut down whenever the engine stopped running.

This Is this a cut down harness>>Right?

What you need to do is Google 2008 gsxr 1000 shop manual and down load a copy, sometimes I find them free sometimes they want a couple of bucks, but once it is in your computer it is always free and handy. Trust me you will need it>

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/2/15 at 11:32 AM.

2/2/15, 12:24 PM   #6
jyoung8j

I actually had a engineer from my work take a look at it and he found the part number and got the schematic and came back as the red is 12v and yellow is negative so hopefully that is correct thx

2/2/15, 1:06 PM   #7
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung8j View Post
I actually had a engineer from my work take a look at it and he found the part number and got the schematic and came back as the red is 12v and yellow is negative so hopefully that is correct thx
j

If both of them wires are connected to a relay I wouldn't bet on it.

Relays are electric switches that take a small current and control a larger current such as Fan>Fuel Pump> or starter.

One big wire Red with the blue tracer comes from the battery positive terminal it should be hot all the time.

The other big wire goes to a load like fan pump starter. To close this switch and make a path we need a control circuit in the relay.

One of the small wires goes to the ignition switch and turn power on and off to the relay control circuit. The other small wire usually goes to the computer where a device called a driver is turned on by the computer when it wants something to happen. This driver completes the path to ground and causes a small electro magnet in the relay to energize and pull the larger switch into contact and complete the circuit to the load that is desired to turn on.

In the case of the starter the control circuit is connected to a small switch in the handle bar to complete the ground and start the motor with the help of the relay to apply a larger current to yet another larger relay the starter relay. WEW!!!!

Honest Dad hmself
Last edited by DAD; 2/2/15 at 1:09 PM.

2/2/15, 8:20 PM   #8
jyoung8j

Hey dad thx for tht long reply and now I'm really lost lol.. can you email me and I'll send the pics I have and see if we can make some sense of this.. I think my bud is wrong also.. just gotta figure out where they go.. in my pics u can see the switches along with relay and wiring thx j Jyoung8j@gmail.com

2/2/15, 8:40 PM   #9
DAD

j

Is this a cut down harness?

do only 2 wires go to that relay

where do the other end of the wires hook up to that go to that relay?

check your wires for colored tracer stripes you may have to move several inches from the end to see tracer.

The colors sound like fuel pump but if they go to a relay with only 2 wires something is wrong.

Google that manual and download it.It will tell you anything you want about the wiring.

It's a piece of cake>>>>>>>>Devils Food

In order to tackle electronic and electrical problems you first have to know the fundamentals in order to make any sense of them wiring diagrams. Read it again and then get one of them engineers out to your shop. Show him that diagram you have downloaded a part number is not going to help much.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/3/15 at 9:00 PM.

2/2/15, 9:26 PM   #10
jyoung8j

I sent u some pics dad.. it has 4 wires coming out of it.. one wire going to switch the other to push button... red and yellow just chilling there..

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 08 gsxr 1000 wiring??