IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Double D"s ride in USAC?
4/30/19, 5:46 PM   #61
flagboy55

So the People’s Champ is now going to the Dutcher car, I thought the Throttle was supposed to drive that this year? Dave started the season with Briscoe, then his own car, now this. Doesn’t matter to me as long as he’s in a competitive car. What about Shane? Big fans of both these guys

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
4/30/19, 5:53 PM   #62
Rpracing1

I would have thought that team CBR would have released a statement by now on these muddied waters. Maybe I missed it?

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
4/30/19, 8:38 PM   #63
Re: Double D"s ride in USAC?
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I would have thought that team CBR would have released a statement by now on these muddied waters. Maybe I missed it?
Briscoe been radio silent. He was interviewed on Winged Nation a few weeks ago and no mention of the team. Only that he hopes to run a couple races during off weeks with Xfinity.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/30/19, 11:24 PM   #64
7horse
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
So the People’s Champ is now going to the Dutcher car, I thought the Throttle was supposed to drive that this year? Dave started the season with Briscoe, then his own car, now this. Doesn’t matter to me as long as he’s in a competitive car. What about Shane? Big fans of both these guys
Shocker

5/1/19, 1:40 PM   #65
gtownplowboy

Hey 7 horse, didnt your mama teach you to shut the hell up if you dont know anything about a situation?? SHOCKER.. Well its obvious she didnt or you just were to busy talking about things you dont know or care to learn about. Learn a little before spouting off about someone and the way they make their living..

6 members like this post: 7horse, fish, jim goerge, mc/rider, TQ29m, wright59
5/1/19, 2:26 PM   #66
ThePurple73

We have considered owning and partnering on USAC sprint and dirt champ car(s) over the years.
The business case is one of love of racing, fun and some advertising benefit.

Every time we have considered doing this and to this day, the first driver I would call is Dave Darland.

5/1/19, 5:53 PM   #67
7horse
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtownplowboy View Post
Hey 7 horse, didnt your mama teach you to shut the hell up if you dont know anything about a situation?? SHOCKER.. Well its obvious she didnt or you just were to busy talking about things you dont know or care to learn about. Learn a little before spouting off about someone and the way they make their living..
Come say that in person please

5/1/19, 7:16 PM   #68
RockinRy

Race Count This Year: 12

Listening to Rip The Fence Podcast Episode 39 April 12th. Six and half minutes in they are discussing Chase Briscoe Shutting down the team.
No Money

3 members like this post: flagboy55, luckybuc97, tirespinner
5/2/19, 2:43 PM   #69
Chase Briscoe

Unfortunately we had to shut the team down for the time being, our main financial partner had to take a break and we couldn't do it on our own so we had to lay off our guys and park the cars. We felt absolutely awful about it but we had to do what we had to do. We told Dave if we get sponsors or additional partners he will be the first guy getting a phone call because we believe in him so much. Hope we can get the 5 back on track soon.

Thanks,
Chase

5/2/19, 2:48 PM   #70
superstock30

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 15+

Hope everything works out! We all enjoy watching the 5 car rip around the local indiana short tracks!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Double D"s ride in USAC?