IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint fan in Nascarland
8/2/16, 11:12 AM   #11
Andrew S. Quinn

USAC eastern midgets run at paved tracks in N.C. They were at Hickory last Easter weekend when I went there to meet a buddy from home in Maine that wanted to watch PASS late models.

8/2/16, 11:45 AM   #12
Chase Briscoe

I suggest Millbridge on Wednesday nights.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
8/2/16, 1:21 PM   #13
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Briscoe View Post
I suggest Millbridge on Wednesday nights.
Or anywhere Chase Briscoe is gonna be. Congrats on a fantastic run lately and wishing you continued success!

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
8/2/16, 1:52 PM   #14
Re: Sprint fan in Nascarland
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

The program "Madhouse" which was on a few seasons ago, I believe on the old Speedchannel, featured the weekly racing from Bowman-Gray. It was entertaining because it went behind the scenes and brought out the personalities and their ongoing battles with their rivals. Junior Miller and the Myers brothers were prominent in the show.
Back in the day their were some epic car destroying battles featuring Curtis Turner and Bobby Allison. I remember the local Baptist church posted reminders of the upcoming races on their message sign. The place was always packed, even though the racing wasn't we consider racing, but it did provide entertainment and a way for people to let off steam.

8/3/16, 10:27 AM   #15
Re: Sprint fan in Nascarland
sdsacr

I live just outside Charlotte, NC and can vouch for this area being devoid of any solid Sprint Car racing. As mentioned above, USCS winged 360s come through Gastonia NC & Lancaster SC 2-3 times a year. However, car counts can be an issue. Focus midgets run pavement at Hickory and used to in Concord, but again you usually see 8-12 cars. I have to escape to see any non wing racing. I will be at Salem next weekend for Silver Crown & Eldora in September for 4-Crown.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint fan in Nascarland