IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?
10/7/07, 11:49 AM   #141
Re: Lawrencburg updates tonight?
Mr. Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle14 View Post
One just went outta the park into the stands outta turn 4 Danny Williams Jr... took an Nasty...DirtFan cant tell if anyone in the stands was involved... going to be a while to repair the fence
Thankfully nobody was hurt during this incident. Nothing like watching a sprint car come flipping at you and landing at your feet. :eek: My dad told me something the very 1st time I got to be in the pits and it has stuck in my head to this day. "NEVER EVER EVER EVER TURN YOUR BACK TO A RACE CAR! They can be on top of you before you can even react." As we were backing up watching that car come at us, I heard those words in my head again. So for all of you out there that attend the races, remember that little piece of advice. It just might save your :moon: someday too!

As for the rest of the evening.... I'll refrain from commenting.

10/7/07, 11:58 AM   #142
sammyimel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith5186 View Post
Were did Immal finnish?Had a good starting spot.
I started 9th and was running 5th with 20 laps to go and caught a rut and it sent me back to 8th and broke a pittman arm the next corner... the thing just snapped.. it sent me off the turn 3 bank and i got her stopped right be for the wall! it was a close one.

10/7/07, 12:31 PM   #143
JordanBlanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCollopy View Post
JordanBlanton,
Not all the boos were at the officals. There were some around me that were booing some drivers that refused to get in line. More important to me than anything last night was no nobody was injured when Williams (?) went through the fence. Thank God.
That's good, at least. I was hearing mostly, "Just start the damn race" and comments like that. Glad some people directed their anger properly.

And I'm definitely with you on the thankfulness for no injuries from the car through the fence. I was at the other end of the bleachers, but when he went through the fence, my heart stopped...

10/7/07, 12:46 PM   #144
Dyno Don

What was with the flag man?Every time someone jumped the cush, he would throw an yellow. He even did it when a driver went to the pits.
With all the unneccessary yellows, the cars slow to get in position, the late start(which is the tracks fault) and the late intermission (how greedy can a promoter be?) it made for a late show, this would not have happened with better management. If the show had started on time, it would have been over by eleven.

I missed the feature because of the late hour and my need to rise early Sunday AM.

Was the problem MSCS or The "Burg's fault. Me thinks it is a combination of both. I do not think they can handle a large car count.

This was my 4th trip to The Burg this year and out of the 4 I only saw 1 good well run race.

10/7/07, 2:02 PM   #145
ThrottleHead

I do believe that was the first race I've been to in a LONG time when there was ZERO dust. That was nice. Other than a few passes for position or passes from mistakes, it was follow the leader (kept looking for the "invisible wings"). The track was a hot laps track all night... plenty fast! I guess you can't have it all for track conditions. Still, had a fun night, enjoyed the company of quite a few IOW'ers and got some killer pictures (thanks Mr. Merritt for the help!). Both nights were plenty worth the price of admission! I too am thankful no one was hurt when the car went thru the fence.

To Dave Rudisell: Even if insurance says nothing, that wonderful catch fence on the front straight should be extended down past the pit stands. I'm sure the Argosy can cough up that money to do it! Also, the bleachers near the top of the last 2 sections.... either H or the small one on the end... there is one set that has a sharp edge near the seatback portion of the bleacher. I found it with my shin and it left me with a rather nasty gash. You might want to find it and fix that... someone could get hurt good on it and could cause the track fits with it!

10/7/07, 2:30 PM   #146
ROSS

Race Count Last Year: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
Brother said NO passing but track was tacky. Was that a MSCS race or did they change it to USAC and didn't tell anybody else?
Dave I had a great time at the track as usual and thought you guys did a great job with track prep. I will take a tacky track anytime keep up the good work. Please ignore the negative and know we appreciate the effort.

10/7/07, 2:35 PM   #147
cecil98

my philosophy is, if they're not complaining THROW THE FRIKKEN GREEN!
there were several times last night when the cars were single file and seemed ready to go and they would get their little blackboard out and try to rearrange 14th &15th place! then, it would take three more laps to get that sorted out. also, i agree that the flagman, a couple of times, threw a yellow when someone merely jumped the cushion.

10/7/07, 2:57 PM   #148
bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn View Post
way to go kevin nana and grandaddy
who did chad boespflug drive for last night

10/7/07, 3:11 PM   #149
HeAintThatGood

I am sorry but I would not cut any slack to the Lawrenceburg staff, the track prep was horrible for such a big event. The bottom half of the track was a mud bog when the first session was called out for hot laps. I heard this was done on purpose, the drivers were told, "we know what we are doing, we will work the track, you guys just race on it." SAD... the bottom of the track was BARELY ready to race on by lap 50 of the feature. I am sorry but could you imagine how great the heats and feature would have been if you could use the whole track? It would have taken MAYBE 10 minutes to roll in the whole track with 70 plus cars there, but no, they had push trucks run in the top of the track ONLY, and push off for hot laps! I would say that the track was smoother then normal, and It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that it was due to the lack of the bombers, or street stocks, or whatever it is you call them. 4,000 pound cars on 8 inch wide tires are the reason for rough crappy tracks... The show was still pretty good, but it was because of the class of drivers and cars there last night, nothing else...

10/7/07, 3:48 PM   #150
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
who did chad boespflug drive for last night
The usual car. His Grand Dad's #90.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?