IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little Help?
1/17/18, 7:33 PM   #1
Little Help?
Meeker

In the beginning of the 2017 season I decided I wanted to build a sprint car. I spent the first part of the season traveling around and deciding what flavor of sprint car I wanted to build. Once I figured out what flavor, I started introducing myself to owners/drivers. I spent the last part of the year following the BOSS Series around and met some great people. I asked around as to who they use as suppliers for parts, engines ect. I narrowed it down to two companies and introduced myself to them. I have called on multiple occasions and don't receive calls back. All I want to do is pay someone to build me a sprint car and have someone to consult with because I have zero experience with sprint cars. I want to pay someone that is knowledgeable and has a reputation in the industry to tell me what to do. I don't want to go online and buy a POS car because of my ignorance. Aside from walking into their shop and flashing money, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do from here. I know of one that has an open house this weekend and I will drive the three hours to get there to be noticed if need be.

1/17/18, 7:59 PM   #2
TKRacing

Just go see Joe at DRC Chassis on Gasoline Alley. He will be more than happy to answer any of your questions and get you going in the right direction

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, Jim Gardner, trannyman
1/17/18, 8:06 PM   #3
kcarm92

There are plenty of people out there willing to help but there's also plenty of people out there willing to take advantage of you

1 member likes this post: spicoli
1/17/18, 8:26 PM   #4
walmer

Joe at DRC 317-481-1626

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, fish, Ryanshaneosborne, trannyman
1/17/18, 9:35 PM   #5
Chris Wilson

Race Count Last Year: 27

I'll also agree that Joe @ DRC Chassis is always willing to help.

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, trannyman
1/17/18, 10:05 PM   #6
t_inmyface

Drc

1 member likes this post: trannyman
1/17/18, 11:06 PM   #7
Buster51

Drc will get you going.

1 member likes this post: trannyman
1/17/18, 11:37 PM   #8
zerospeed

Yep... Joe at DRC, he’s a good guy. Also be very careful running around telling racing people you don’t know what you’re doing and you’ll pay whatever for help etc. You're going to have slimeballs coming out of the woodwork trying to get your hard earned money.

6 members like this post: Bostonian, luckybuc97, racenut69, spicoli, TKRacing, trannyman
1/18/18, 9:09 AM   #9
Re: Little Help?
Meeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospeed View Post
Yep... Joe at DRC, he’s a good guy. Also be very careful running around telling racing people you don’t know what you’re doing and you’ll pay whatever for help etc. You're going to have slimeballs coming out of the woodwork trying to get your hard earned money.
Yes sir, that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I work to hard for what I have and have been saving too long to toss money around like that. That being said, people pay me a fair price for my experience, and I'm willing to pay the right person a fair price for their experience. But I'm the wrong guy for someone to try to take for a ride... I don't have that much too take. My race program will be financially humble race program.

4 members like this post: Bostonian, luckybuc97, wallbanger II, WinglessLovers
1/18/18, 4:38 PM   #10
motorhead748

Sounds like you've taken the first steps correctly.... now take it a little further. Speak to the owner of the BOSS series and find one of his regulars that may be based close to you. Approach them and offer to help for a year, do the grunt work, buy them a tire or something every now & then. Listen & observe but stay out of the way. At the end of the year you will be light years ahead of where you are and for the most part on someone else's dime.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little Help?