IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Promoter Coming to Gas City?
12/3/17, 2:26 PM   #11
Re: New Promoter Coming to Gas City?
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau View Post
So go ahead and run 5 classes of stock cars/modified somewhere else. Gas City is perfect for my show.
Rich unless you are willing to bankroll "your show" then I suggest you spend some time learning how to promote. "Your show" may be nice for you but is not financially viable

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

12/3/17, 3:18 PM   #12
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Rich all classes have a right to the track.
Many a times I've seen the stock classes put on a better show then a tracks premier class / classes.
I don't mind when a track runs 5 classes as long as they are good a getting us out at a decent time (10:30pm / 11:00pm).
To me 4 classes are enough on a regular night.
As I've states before I'll watch any type of racing.
To me if your a real fan you don't care what type of class it is as long as it's a good race.
Racing is racing period weather it's a Sprint Car, Midget, Late Model, Modified, Street, Stocks, Mini Sprints, or 4 Cylinders.
I've seen some damn good shows in all of them over the years.
If there truly is a new promoter at Gas City I hope they do what they can to keep the track open and as profitable as possible.
I hate to see tracks close even if I don't like person running it.
If your a race fan and your able to support them if they manage to get Gas City Open on a weekly basis do so.
That's how their able to stay open.
Don't be a hypocrites you want them open but don't like the stock classes.
I find that odd since that's where a lot of a race tracks income comes from.
Here's an Idea for a weekly show at Gas City.
Run 3 classes weekly and rotate a 4th class: 410 Non-Wing Sprint Cars, Midgets, 600 Wing / Non-Wing Mini Sprints.
Rotate UMP Modifieds, Street Stocks, 4 cylinders, or a special touring division like MMSA.
If there is a big special like BOSS that will likely bring a good field of cars just run 3 classes that evening.
If there is a new promoter at Gas City GOOD LUCK to you.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TRACK BEFORE THEIR CLOSED! Cheers
Last edited by nathans1012; 12/3/17 at 3:20 PM.

5 members like this post: dusty tracks, EBookerFan, mc/rider, racenut69, tirespinner
12/3/17, 3:51 PM   #13
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
So go ahead and run 5 classes of stock cars/modified somewhere else. Gas City is perfect for my show.
BOOOOOOOO

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/3/17, 4:06 PM   #14
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Sprints, Midgets, OW Mods, and Compacts would be a good program.

2 members like this post: cwfan08, tirespinner
12/3/17, 4:07 PM   #15
badcoupe

Something similar to Montpelier would do well, look at their car count on a sat and being close by I think they could get a lot of those guys to run both

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/3/17, 4:24 PM   #16
btg1963

With tracks like Haubstadt and Kokomo running special shows only, other tracks HAVE TO PICK UP THE SLACK of driver development on a weekly basis. This includes the less expensive support classes.

While he is driving in a fendered professional series, you could argue that Don O'Neal is one of the top shoes to come out of Indiana. Had it not been for support classes at Paragon, Bloomington, and Brownstown, where would Don have learned his trade?

This goes back to a post from a couple of weeks ago regarding Kokomo. One of our posters mentioned an article from the Kokomo paper, which Brent said was a study he performed. The quote mentioned 80% of the fans were from outside of Kokomo... I believe this is attributed to the lack of support classes on a regular basis. Chandler continues to operate in the shadow of Haubstadt. Paragon in the shadow of Putnamville and so on....

My hope is a fine facility like Gas City will once again be successful with classes that will allow it to be successful and that will help develop talent for the future of the sport!

12/3/17, 5:09 PM   #17
BrentTFunk

I am sure all this bickering will have someone rushing to sign a lease.

12/3/17, 5:18 PM   #18
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Yeah your right keep running crappy local racing. What was i thinking?

12/3/17, 6:11 PM   #19
TKRacing

Quote:
Yeah your right keep running crappy local racing. What was i thinking?
Man this Rich guy just cant open his eyes to what it takes. Its a good thing this guy does not run a race track. Would have a lot of unhappy racers and fans.

3 members like this post: progressive22, tirespinner, trannyman
12/3/17, 6:15 PM   #20
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

This Rich guy has his eyes wide open and I'm seeing race tracks run too many classes thinking the back gate is a pot of gold. I'm also seeing 300 people bored to death watching it. please, stop me when I'm lying

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, dkdorkboy, flagboy55, leftturnonly, okie
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Promoter Coming to Gas City?