IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Seadog (Offline)
  #1 1/16/18 10:15 AM
83 years old today. The greatest ever!
24 Likes: Back2Racing, davidm, EBookerFan, EltoJoe, GYATK94, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, John P Huss, Leohr46, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, nedra_bahler_835@com, Outofmoney, PIT CART, ronmil, safetyjoe, SPD 37, Speedwrench, sprinter31, stp6237, superstock30, tristatephoto, turn4, WinglessLovers
ronmil (Offline)
  #2 1/16/18 4:26 PM
Glad I got to see A.J. in his prime in a variety of race cars! First saw him in person at IRP in 1964 in The Yankee 300, and then began my string at DuQuoin and Indy in 1965. So many memories from those venues and many others including of course the Hoosier Hundred and Indy cars on the IRP road course. Got to witness him win the Atlanta 500 too and several more USAC stock car races. We are so fortunate that he is still with us, especially considering the level of danger prevalent when he began his career. He is the second oldest living former winner of the Indy 500. Only Parnelli Jones (August 12, 1933) surpasses him. Oops! I forgot about Bobby Unser (February 20, 1934). So A.J. ranks as third oldest former winner. Hope to see Super Tex around to celebrate a few more!

Ron Miller
9 Likes: bigq11, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider, robert gatten, Seadog, stp6237, superstock30
Kart29 (Offline)
  #3 1/16/18 9:50 PM
Happy birthday to the king of Houston!
EBookerFan (Offline)
  #4 1/17/18 11:56 AM
AJ is trying to catch up with me on birthdays only. He has more racing starts, poles.wins in an outstanding career as a driver, mechanic, owner to my zero. May Foyt have many more birthdays for those of us who consider this legend the greatest racing driver of all time.
4 Likes: bigq11, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, stp6237