IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #11 5/25/17 10:31 AM
You guys crack me up. If I was that scared of things, I would never leave my house. More than once I have slept in my van in the parking lot with the doors open. Morty and I walked back to the east after the races to by me some ice and him some cigarettes. Bad stuff happens anywhere. I have only had coolers stolen at two tracks Liberty and Eldora and there isn't a ghetto for miles.
7 Likes: dirt330, Jbaldwin, jjones752, leftturnonly, PJ Wright, TBONE, tirespinner
Duke17 (Offline)
  #12 5/25/17 11:09 AM
Been going to this track since the 70's and never had any problems
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, leftturnonly
motorhead748 (Online)
  #13 5/25/17 11:12 AM
I hate paying to park....sometimes it's the deciding factor whether I go or not
revjimk (Offline)
  #14 5/25/17 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
You guys crack me up. If I was that scared of things, I would never leave my house. More than once I have slept in my van in the parking lot with the doors open. Morty and I walked back to the east after the races to by me some ice and him some cigarettes. Bad stuff happens anywhere. I have only had coolers stolen at two tracks Liberty and Eldora and there isn't a ghetto for miles.
You crack me up too! See ya there, I'll call when I get closer
revjimk (Offline)
  #15 5/25/17 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Some people have led sheltered lives & worry a lot. I'm in the motel lobby, just overheard a woman say she was moving to Colorado, had never left Indiana, was worried about VOLCANOS! I told her there were no volcanos in Colorado. She said her BF told her about naturally heated hot springs.... I said they never blow up & it feels good to sit in them. She felt better.
I used to live in my van almost every summer in the 80s. Only hassles I ever had were tickets for "illegal camping".... once they added a $60 "victim compensation fee". I don't litter & nobody else came around looking to camp there... what "victim"????
2 Likes: interpreter66, tirespinner
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #16 5/25/17 12:45 PM
I just posted to liven things up a bit in light of recent happenings at the Speedway. The original poster did ask for do's and donts.

I get to go all over Indy, at all times of the day and night with my job. I've never had any problems since I moved here.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, PIT CART, ronmil, tirespinner
sprntr (Offline)
  #17 5/25/17 1:22 PM
We get there early, buy Pit Passes, cross the Track to park in the Infield, wander the pits, stand in Turn 1 for Practice & Qualifying and go up to sit in the Grandstand for the Race. Have fun! Wish I could be there, first miss in 16 years.
chris jockish (Offline)
  #18 5/25/17 1:54 PM
Remember HARF NIGHT 5.00 OFF GENERAL ADMISSION. Plenty of paved parking at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Probably have to spend that $5 per car to park. LOR Sometimes too
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #19 5/25/17 2:19 PM
Originally Posted by chris jockish:
Remember HARF NIGHT 5.00 OFF GENERAL ADMISSION. Plenty of paved parking at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Probably have to spend that $5 per car to park. LOR Sometimes too
I had to pay $10 one time at IRP. That was a bit much I thought.
Jesse B (Offline)
  #20 5/25/17 2:25 PM
Postponed due to wet conditions.