IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tips for the Hundred
5/25/17, 10:31 AM   #11
Re: Tips for the Hundred
BrentTFunk

You guys crack me up. If I was that scared of things, I would never leave my house. More than once I have slept in my van in the parking lot with the doors open. Morty and I walked back to the east after the races to by me some ice and him some cigarettes. Bad stuff happens anywhere. I have only had coolers stolen at two tracks Liberty and Eldora and there isn't a ghetto for miles.

5/25/17, 11:09 AM   #12
Duke17

Been going to this track since the 70's and never had any problems

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, leftturnonly
5/25/17, 11:12 AM   #13
motorhead748

I hate paying to park....sometimes it's the deciding factor whether I go or not

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/25/17, 12:22 PM   #14
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
You guys crack me up. If I was that scared of things, I would never leave my house. More than once I have slept in my van in the parking lot with the doors open. Morty and I walked back to the east after the races to by me some ice and him some cigarettes. Bad stuff happens anywhere. I have only had coolers stolen at two tracks Liberty and Eldora and there isn't a ghetto for miles.
You crack me up too! See ya there, I'll call when I get closer

5/25/17, 12:29 PM   #15
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Some people have led sheltered lives & worry a lot. I'm in the motel lobby, just overheard a woman say she was moving to Colorado, had never left Indiana, was worried about VOLCANOS! I told her there were no volcanos in Colorado. She said her BF told her about naturally heated hot springs.... I said they never blow up & it feels good to sit in them. She felt better.
I used to live in my van almost every summer in the 80s. Only hassles I ever had were tickets for "illegal camping".... once they added a $60 "victim compensation fee". I don't litter & nobody else came around looking to camp there... what "victim"????

2 members like this post: interpreter66, tirespinner
5/25/17, 12:45 PM   #16
Andrew S. Quinn

I just posted to liven things up a bit in light of recent happenings at the Speedway. The original poster did ask for do's and donts.

I get to go all over Indy, at all times of the day and night with my job. I've never had any problems since I moved here.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, PIT CART, ronmil, tirespinner
5/25/17, 1:22 PM   #17
sprntr

We get there early, buy Pit Passes, cross the Track to park in the Infield, wander the pits, stand in Turn 1 for Practice & Qualifying and go up to sit in the Grandstand for the Race. Have fun! Wish I could be there, first miss in 16 years.

1 member likes this post: Simon_says17
5/25/17, 1:54 PM   #18
chris jockish

Race Count This Year: 71
Race Count Last Year: 69

Remember HARF NIGHT 5.00 OFF GENERAL ADMISSION. Plenty of paved parking at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Probably have to spend that $5 per car to park. LOR Sometimes too

5/25/17, 2:19 PM   #19
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris jockish View Post
Remember HARF NIGHT 5.00 OFF GENERAL ADMISSION. Plenty of paved parking at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Probably have to spend that $5 per car to park. LOR Sometimes too
I had to pay $10 one time at IRP. That was a bit much I thought.

5/25/17, 2:25 PM   #20
Jesse B

Postponed due to wet conditions.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tips for the Hundred