Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Target Leaving Indycar
7/28/16, 8:22 AM   #1
Target Leaving Indycar
sprntr

http://www.startribune.com/target-le...ssi/388377691/

7/28/16, 2:22 PM   #2
racer-x

I used to shop at Target till they made there bathrooms transgender. It's never wrong to do the right thing and stand for what u believe in.

8 members like this post: bn kleen, generv, jdull99, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, skids59, TQ29m, turn4
7/28/16, 4:14 PM   #3
Re: Target Leaving Indycar
sprntr

I haven't shopped Target since they closed their Gun Dept.

6 members like this post: dirtracer74, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, superstock30, TQ29m, turn4
7/28/16, 4:43 PM   #4
Stevensville Mike

Interesting first couple of posts here.

Back in the 80s when NASCAR took huge advantages of putting sponsors and logos on the cars, when you went to their races they made sure you heard announcements pertaining to "support the sponsors that support our sport". No one had sponsor decals and signs on their stick and ball uniforms (unless you watched soccer from abroad). So, a lot of us, me included, would feel a little bit of pride when we bought products of sponsors who supported racing - Kodiak, Skoal, Folgers, Miller, Coors, Budweiser, Bulls-Eye BBQ sauce, Quaker State, Valvoline, Citgo, Kodak, Slim Jim, etc. We could "identify" with the teams and drivers that way.

I honestly think the corporations paid close attention to this link between fan and sponsor/team.

Now..... I do not think that is there anymore. The fans that are left after the big NASCAR 'boom" of the early 00s imploded and the disintegration of AOWR thanks to the Hulman and Company's new Chairman of the Board do not relate to the team/car sponsors anymore. That, combined with the dwindling of popularity of racing is making corporations reel in the reigns on spending as such.

The racing fan these days (not to disrespect the fans of years' past) have a lot more broader perspective on corporate America. Gone are the days of buying Folgers Coffee for their sponsorship of Tim Richmond. Give me a better tasting Keuring cup now. Who needs Winstons? Smoking and tobacco is on the outs.

No.... as I see it, technology has opened up our minds - commercially, politically, and monetarily thanks to a shaky economy at times these days. Very few would go to Target these days in support of Ganassi Racing. They are going there for a deal if they can get one.

As for transgender bathrooms....... I was at Kokomo Speedway this past weekend. At one time, I entered the Men's room. There are two trofts. There were five of us using each one. When I was done, I washed my hands. The other nine did not. Whatever happened to gentlemenly manners?

I just hope whatever enters either restroom washes it's hands upon exiting.

5 members like this post: captrat, chrismattlin, EBookerFan, illiNOISE, t_inmyface
7/28/16, 5:17 PM   #5
stoney

most people shop for deals or ease. Haven`t been there in 7yrs (no deals)!

7/28/16, 5:52 PM   #6
chop

Target leaving racing has nothing to do with racing. They spend money to get people to go to the store. When you spend the same money the same way year after year, you get less return on that money. X number of people go to the races. Y number of they go to Target to shop. They will spend the money some other way to reach a new group of people. Also after 20 plus years, the people that made the plans to go to a race team no longer work at Target. New people bring new ideas to how to get people in the store. You have to give Target credit, they put Kmart on the road to being out of business. Also help from Mr Hoffman in the rain man movie.
What I will being Looking to see is what it will do to a mid level Nascar team. Will it take a World of outlaw team off the road?

Do not like Target. Get your china stuff from a run down K-mart, Old school Sears, a small town killer walmart. Me I shop Meijers. From my town of Grand Rapids. Its China stuff. But they do a lot to give back to the area.

7/28/16, 8:47 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
7/28/16, 9:46 PM   #8
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Interesting first couple of posts here.

Back in the 80s when NASCAR took huge advantages of putting sponsors and logos on the cars, when you went to their races they made sure you heard announcements pertaining to "support the sponsors that support our sport". No one had sponsor decals and signs on their stick and ball uniforms (unless you watched soccer from abroad). So, a lot of us, me included, would feel a little bit of pride when we bought products of sponsors who supported racing - Kodiak, Skoal, Folgers, Miller, Coors, Budweiser, Bulls-Eye BBQ sauce, Quaker State, Valvoline, Citgo, Kodak, Slim Jim, etc. We could "identify" with the teams and drivers that way.

I honestly think the corporations paid close attention to this link between fan and sponsor/team.

Now..... I do not think that is there anymore. The fans that are left after the big NASCAR 'boom" of the early 00s imploded and the disintegration of AOWR thanks to the Hulman and Company's new Chairman of the Board do not relate to the team/car sponsors anymore. That, combined with the dwindling of popularity of racing is making corporations reel in the reigns on spending as such.

The racing fan these days (not to disrespect the fans of years' past) have a lot more broader perspective on corporate America. Gone are the days of buying Folgers Coffee for their sponsorship of Tim Richmond. Give me a better tasting Keuring cup now. Who needs Winstons? Smoking and tobacco is on the outs.

No.... as I see it, technology has opened up our minds - commercially, politically, and monetarily thanks to a shaky economy at times these days. Very few would go to Target these days in support of Ganassi Racing. They are going there for a deal if they can get one.

As for transgender bathrooms....... I was at Kokomo Speedway this past weekend. At one time, I entered the Men's room. There are two trofts. There were five of us using each one. When I was done, I washed my hands. The other nine did not. Whatever happened to gentlemenly manners?

I just hope whatever enters either restroom washes it's hands upon exiting.
Quit pissing on your hand's and you won't have to wash them 😀

6 members like this post: 2fast4u, Backitin, chrismattlin, jdull99, speed bump, turn4
7/29/16, 5:42 AM   #9
Gregg

I was in Target last night. The wife needed to pay off her Red Card. Bought a gallon of milk for 1.99 to keep me happy. I think the last time I was there was several months earlier shortly after buying some Levis Target had their Wranglers for 9.92 each. I bought them too. I mainly shop at Meijer. The reason for that is easy. Meijer is much closer for me than Target or Wally World.

As for sponsorship, as long as Kyle Larson has Target livery on his Cup ride I'm okay with that. If not it sucks but what can you do.

As far as bathrooms, I do my bidness and leave after a self imposed mandatory thorough hand washing (thank you Stevensville Mike). I pay attention to nothing or anyone, transgender or otherwise.
Last edited by Gregg; 7/29/16 at 5:52 AM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66
7/29/16, 7:36 AM   #10
chop

I have been using transgender/ unisex bathrooms my whole life and so have all of us. Its called a port-a-john. As far as some lady wanting to come in an use the urinal, have at it. Should be a fun thing to watch.
By the way, where ever your governor of your state shops at, he should get some mouth wash. Bet he could use some, to get the taste of Amway out of his mouth.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Target Leaving Indycar