IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute
3/23/23, 2:12 PM   #11
flagboy55

Just to prove Brent correct again, I’m going to complain, as soon as I figure out something to complain about 😉 See you there!

3/23/23, 2:20 PM   #12
cowboyhar69

Announcement says May 23rd for the Hulman Classic….. that’s a Tuesday , USAC schedule TBA says Wednesday 24th. Called the number on the press release, left a message for clarification on the correct date

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
3/23/23, 2:28 PM   #13
Re: Terre Haute
NoDramazone2020

Sun and 70 would help.....If your listening God....haha

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, flagboy55, oppweld, tirespinner
3/23/23, 3:58 PM   #14
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
FREE parking and coolers allowed in the infield, solved 2 problems that people brought up!
About 2-3 years ago, the Vigo fairboard announced they had used the parking fee to put up new light poles on the infield, and showed pics of the work being done. I can live with the parking fee if they put it to use maintaining or improving the facility, unlike the Indiana State Fairgrounds.

I'm glad to see a half mile is remaining. Sprint cars belong on a half mile.

3/23/23, 4:57 PM   #15
Pitdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Don't worry people will find something to complain about, and a reason not to go. I will be there. Happy it is opening.
OMG! That is the most accurate thing I’ve ever read on this or any other message board! Well done, sir, well done!

I believe in the ability of the hardcore motorsports fan to find something to complain about. Furthermore, I’m equally confident that no matter what the issue is (dry track, muddy track, too expensive, not a high enough payout, too many classes, too low a car count, lasted too long, didn’t get to see enough racing, et cetera, et cetera) that this group of esteemed supporters will be able to argue which ever side of the argument necessary, AND with equal fervor. All hail the open wheel fan!

3/23/23, 5:08 PM   #16
cowboyhar69

I’m told the Tuesday May 23rd date is correct for the Hulman Classic. It’s also in the USAC press release.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
3/23/23, 5:11 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Interesting that is someone from the board making the announcement and not the promoter. Not a complaint, A observation.

Lets go racing.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, terrehautian
3/23/23, 8:20 PM   #18
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Interesting that is someone from the board making the announcement and not the promoter. Not a complaint, A observation.

Lets go racing.
The board making announcements about the track got my attention also.

As for the new promoter, this is the fourth promoter in a little over ten years including one that left not on their own accord. I wish the track luck but until there is a few years of success without a promoter change, I won't breathe easily the track will be around for a very long time. There is so much commercial development in that area and the racing side is only used really for racing. During fair week, it is used but there is other facilities that can be used in teh same way on the opposite side of hte property. The drag racing track is already looking for a new promoter after the current one. They are done after this year after only a few years.

I will do what I can do with work stuff to make sure it gets coverage though.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld
3/23/23, 9:53 PM   #19
flagboy55

Trying not to hijack the thread but I don’t know how exactly to take the Pitdad’s post. Are paying customers not allowed to criticize what they spend their money on? Are there not things worthy of criticism? Long Live THAT!

4 members like this post: captrat, Hustlin-Hoosier, okie, oppweld
3/23/23, 10:10 PM   #20
boomer

Would you believe me if I said I was gonna be the new promoter? Probably not. Just a observation

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute