IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2009 race season.
8/12/09, 2:33 PM   #11
Re: 2009 race season.
Hamby812

"The Iceman" has to be the most improved driver on the non wing circuit this year.

8/12/09, 2:36 PM   #12
Dyno Don

The amount of races I missed because of weather or the threat or weather.

I can not remeber it ever being this bad.

8/12/09, 2:36 PM   #13
ked

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
What has suprised you the most this race season.

who has suprised you the most this race season.

Okay, here's where I get to be a smart a$$

1. How much I'm actually going to miss Indiana! How much my family laughs at me going to so many races a year (keep in mind they are the ones that introduced me to race when we owned a midget). How much money I spent this year at the track - even though I'm currently unemployed.

2. Devin when he actually does some work!!! just kidding! - you opened the door I just pushed it!

It was a pleasure meeting people at the race track and I look forward to possibly heading out to IN again to see some real racing! I also hope the the eastern swing next year has lots of sun and cars!!

8/12/09, 9:05 PM   #14
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ked View Post
Okay, here's where I get to be a smart a$$

1. How much I'm actually going to miss Indiana! How much my family laughs at me going to so many races a year (keep in mind they are the ones that introduced me to race when we owned a midget). How much money I spent this year at the track - even though I'm currently unemployed.

2. Devin when he actually does some work!!! just kidding! - you opened the door I just pushed it!

It was a pleasure meeting people at the race track and I look forward to possibly heading out to IN again to see some real racing! I also hope the the eastern swing next year has lots of sun and cars!!
will miss you katie. atleast will make you think we miss you.

8/12/09, 9:10 PM   #15
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

The youth movment Blake Fitz, ICEMAN, Clausen, Windom, and Whitt cleaning up at Kokomo with 8 wins. Keep it up guys love to see up and comers doing good.

8/12/09, 10:01 PM   #16
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
The amount of races I missed because of weather or the threat or weather.

I can not remeber it ever being this bad.
how many did you miss because of all the big bad bikers ???

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
8/12/09, 10:26 PM   #17
Z-man

I agree with several about Blake Fitzpatrick, moving from the also ran category into contender. Also, after watching a young man dump it during hot laps at one of the first opening night races of the season at North Vernon into an exciting regular at Lawrenceburg I would say JJ Hughes, I would never had guessed that he would have improved that much from his first night out.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
8/12/09, 11:36 PM   #18
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
I agree with several about Blake Fitzpatrick, moving from the also ran category into contender. Also, after watching a young man dump it during hot laps at one of the first opening night races of the season at North Vernon into an exciting regular at Lawrenceburg I would say JJ Hughes, I would never had guessed that he would have improved that much from his first night out.
Dont think I ever considered Fitzpatrick as an also-ran. Up and comer maybe. I think he and Gulick are the most improved drivers this season.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

8/13/09, 12:09 AM   #19
JEFFSTOY

I agree that Blake Fitzpatrick has got to most improved driver, other than that it has to be all the rain outs at TSS.

8/13/09, 7:43 PM   #20
hoosierfan

What I'm amazed with this year is how hard it is to pick out a top 5 best races of the year. There have been so many great races that its just too hard to pick. While the season has seemed short it has definately been a good one even with how the economy has affected the racing. Which just goes to show you don't need a huge car count for some good races. Most improved drivers I believe would be Fitz and Boat, give either one of another year or two and you should see big things coming out of them. And the last thing that suprised me is Whitt domination at Kokomo. How can you with the competitive field the track draws allow so much dominance?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2009 race season.