IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 report for Thursdat
5/26/17, 6:54 AM   #11
Re: Little 500 report for Thursdat
Kart29

I assume Davey Hamilton, Jr. is the son of supermodifed driver Davey Hamilton, Sr.

But what about Kyle Hamilton, Nick Hamilton, and Don Hamilton? Are any of them related?

I'm surprised Donnie Adams, Aaron Pierce and Tony Steward didn't qualify better. Tough field this year.

Is Caleb Armstrong a rookie this year?

5/26/17, 8:22 AM   #12
Re: Little 500 report for Thursday
Kart29

Also:

Would someone please post the entry list by car number?

I think it is available on the Anderson Speedway website. I want to print a copy to take to the track but can't get to the Anderson Speedway website from here at work.

I will definitely be remembering Tony Elliott and Dave Steele at this year's race. It would be a better show if they could be in the race.

5 members like this post: interpreter66, PIT CART, racer-x, speed bump, tirespinner
5/26/17, 9:05 AM   #13
racer-x

Can anyone tell me if you can get information with a scanner during the race? Someone mentioned there is a radio channel but I already have scanners.

5/26/17, 10:53 AM   #14
Re: Little 500 report for Thursdat
Kart29

The cars do have two-way radio communication. I have been able to pick up some of the cars by scanning frequencies until I hear a communication. But then you never know which car you are listening to.

The track announcer is broadcast over FM but I don't think there is a UHF/VHF frequency where you can pick up the track announcer. Race control surely has a frequency and you may be able to find the frequency for Anderson Speedway race control by doing and internet search.

Also, you might look on the Anderson Speedway website to see if they give their race control radio frequency there. While you are at the site, perhaps you could copy the entry list and paste in this thread for me.

Good luck and enjoy the race. It should be a good one if it stays dry.

1 member likes this post: racer-x
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 report for Thursdat