IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thur, May 25 Hoosier 100@ Indy Fair Mile Nite 2 Week of Indy
5/11/17, 10:26 AM   #11
Re: Thur, May 25 Hoosier 100@ Indy Fair Mile Nite 2 Week of
IN RACE FAN

Schatz, Rico, Sammy Swindell, Stenhouse, T-Mez, Jac Haudenschild, Chad Boat would all be great additions to the race.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Simon_says17, superstock30, tirespinner
5/11/17, 10:47 AM   #12
flagboy55

The subject of guys you would like to see race is intriguing. You guys named good ones, and I would love to see smith again without a wing in a sprint or crown car. If I ever win the lottery that I get stupid money, I'm going to ask some of those guys if they want to buckle up. Wishful thinking! Anyway I sure wish someone who does have a good car would ask the King to hop in one. I sure would love to see Steve in a big car again

5/11/17, 12:08 PM   #13
Wizard 05

Race Count This Year: 28

Chris Bell and Timmy Mac would be my other additions.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
5/11/17, 12:28 PM   #14
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

And a $5.00 discount for all current HARF members.

5/11/17, 1:09 PM   #15
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Entry list will be interesting

Hear there are a few interesting TBA's as far as driver / car combos

Among those drivers who rarely or never have made Silver Crown starts who would you like to see in a champ car? realistically speaking...

For me, it's Rico
While I agree with a lot of the like to sees; you can count out all the NASCAR boys as being real possibilities to be real surprise entries in the Hoosier Hundred as they will all be practicing for the NASCAR races. (Bell is running Xfinity race.)

1 member likes this post: Simon_says17
5/12/17, 1:39 AM   #16
Simon_says17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 17

Hmm...Ballou now that he's healthy possibly?

4 members like this post: flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, oppweld, PIT CART
5/12/17, 8:22 AM   #17
duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Have not seen an entry list but hope Tyler has a ride.
I know Brian will be at the little 500. I think he has a dirt car for the miles again. He has a score to settle with the Indy mile.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
5/13/17, 1:09 AM   #18
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN RACE FAN View Post
Schatz, Rico, Sammy Swindell, Stenhouse, T-Mez, Jac Haudenschild, Chad Boat would all be great additions to the race.
I feel really lucky. Of that impressive list I have seen all but Rico and Boat run there.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/15/17, 10:54 AM   #19
TEI PR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75L46L579zY

Here is a little Monday Morning pick me up to get everyone revved up for the Week of Indy and the 2017 edition of the Hoosier 100 Thursday, May 25th headlined by the USAC Racing Silver Crown Series "Champ Cars" at the historic Indiana State Fairgrounds & Event Center Indy Mile. The Big Cars will also be accompanied by the Mid-American Stock Car Series. For more event information check out Track Enterprises by going to their website, www.trackenterprises.com, check out their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TrackEnterprises, on Twitter (@TEIRacing), or by calling the office at 217-764-3200.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cleatziff, dirt330, hhiester, speed bump, SpfldMile
5/16/17, 11:17 AM   #20
TEI PR

Hoosier Hundred Rookie Contender From…North Carolina?
By Danny Burton

The Tar Heel state may be known for stock car racing, but open wheel racers from North Carolina aren’t the most common sight at an open wheel event, let along the Hoosier 100. But it looks like a North Carolina native, Johnny Petrozelle from Denton, North Carolina, will be traveling to the Indiana State Fairgrounds for the USAC Silver Crown annual Hoosier 100 on May 25.

Petrozelle, who will turn 27 on the day before the race, has been involved with racing since age 11, starting in WKA Champ Karts. He is a third-generation racer, with both of his grandfathers passing on the love of fast cars to the next generation. One grandfather owned a car, was a promoter, and published a racing publication that covered open wheel racing in Florida, as well as the East Coast. The other raced stock cars and midgets.

As noted, there was no open wheel presence in North Carolina, so Petrozelle began racing in the Allison Legacy Series, wheeling four-cylinder stock cars built and run by the famous NASCAR family. From there, he began a long association with Trevor Boys, a Canadian racer who had raced with NASCAR off and on through the 80s. Johnny drove the Boys open wheel modified on pavement for a few years.

“In 2012, the modified series went defunct. Trevor called me and said he had an old Gambler sprint car and if I could find anywhere to race it, he would let me keep it,” said Petrozelle. Not only did he keep it, Petrozelle raced the sprinter in a new sprint car series begun by Ray Evernham that same year.

“Ray wanted to promote sprint car racing in North Carolina. It couldn’t have come at a better time. I could race in the same discipline as my grandfathers and father had.”

In recent years Petrozelle has divided his time running sprints on dirt and pavement with the MustSee Sprint Series. But in 2016 he aligned himself with car owner Curt Cornell. A Silver Crown car was purchased from Hoosier car owner/superwrench Mike Dutcher and plans were made for Johnny to come north and race in the 2017 season’s opener at Terre Haute.

Petrozelle noted, “We made a ton of adjustments and we ended up 12th quick. During the race, I hooked a rut in turn three after about 30 laps and spun. I came back to finish 11th.”

Yet another impressive side of this young man is his sense of history. “My next race is the Hoosier 100. Probably the coolest part of Silver Crown racing is the history behind each track and event. We are entering all six dirt shows this year and are trying to figure out how to run the whole tour next year.”

With an awareness and attitude like that, especially from a racer from a place where stock cars rule, Johnny Petrozelle will be a welcome addition to the 2017 Hoosier 100 starting lineup.

On Thursday, May 25, fans will make the short trek to the east and the Indiana State Fairgrounds for the 63rd running of the Hoosier Hundred. The 100-mile race features the USAC Silver Crown Champ Car Series and, new this year, the Mid-American Stock Car Series. Not only does the Hoosier Hundred have a rich history, the Mid-American Stock Car competitors are looking forward to their first visit at the huge event.

Hoosier Hundred pit gates will open at 12:00, grandstands at 3:00, hotlaps start at 5:00, racing begins for Mid-Am at 7:00, with the Hoosier 100 scheduled for an 8:00 green flag. Reserved seating is available for the Hoosier Hundred by calling the Track Enterprises office, the Indiana State Fairgrounds, or through Ticketmaster. Reserved seats for adults are being sold for $25 presale or $30 at the gate. Infield tickets will be available for $15 for adults and $5 for kids 11 and under.

For more information on any of the events, visit www.trackenterprises.com, www.usacracing.com, or call the Track Enterprises office at 217-764-3200.

2 members like this post: Simon_says17, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thur, May 25 Hoosier 100@ Indy Fair Mile Nite 2 Week of Indy