IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2012 Bailey Lightning Spring
3/19/16, 4:34 PM   #1
2012 Bailey Lightning Spring
MJK

My son has raced go karts since he was 8 years old. He is now 22 years old and last year he moved to Lightning Sprints. In his karting career, he had over 65 feature wins, and a 4th place finish in the 2003 IKF 4 cycle Grand Nationals.
He purchased a 2012 Baily Chassis with a 2005 1000cc Suzuki engine from a gentleman who sold us his car with out any setup info or any information regarding this car. I have tried to search for set up info as well as any other information that would help us learn how to set up this chassis but have been unsuccessful. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask these questions but this is where I am starting.
Any help regarding this situation would very much be appreciated.

Mark Kwiatkoski

3/20/16, 9:35 AM   #2
bn kleen

Get ahold of Andy at HOOSIER SPEED. I'm sure he can set you in the right direction.

1 member likes this post: the visitor
3/20/16, 6:14 PM   #3
Racer_dude35

You may also try to talk to Paul Davis

5/25/17, 4:27 AM   #4
Re: 2012 Bailey Lightning Spring
djmbs

Get your hands on the Steve Smith book on Mini sprint chassis technology.. I believe it is S286 Originally they sold for about 30 bucks, but now they are now out of print and are selling online for anywhere from a couple hundred bucks up to almost a Thousand..!! So that tells you how Valuable the information inside is.!!

I was blessed to converse several times with Floyd Bailey before he passed and he helped Steve write that book.. almost all the detailed info in there is direct from Floyd... He also told me that virtually ALL his mini sprints set up the same with the info in that book regardless of vintage.. It is an amazing collection of detailed specs, etc...

Perhaps try getting a copy from a library and make several copies.. that info will be like GOLD..!!! Mike at Bailey is also good with detailed info,

Good Luck..!!
Last edited by djmbs; 5/25/17 at 4:29 AM.

1 member likes this post: cmiracingvids
5/25/17, 11:26 AM   #5
cmiracingvids

I'll second that on getting the book. I got mine on eBay a few years back. It was 24.99. Almost everything in there is directed towards a Bailey chassis. Awesome book that will get you going and going fast in no time.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2012 Bailey Lightning Spring