IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Speed channel ,,,,,,sucks
12/10/10, 7:40 AM   #1
Speed channel ,,,,,,sucks
speed bump

I remember back when Speed Channel actually had good programing.
Not this junk they have now.
All it is , is a NASCAR channel and other crap that doesnt amount to anything...........

I know what your going to say.......And NO I dont watch it anymore.......

12/10/10, 8:53 AM   #2
Re: Speed channel ,,,,,,sucks
bojo20

I totally agree and very seldom if ever watch that channel

1 member likes this post: speed bump
12/10/10, 8:55 AM   #3
wright59

I agree with that, I would much rather watch re-runs of any type of Sprint Car Racing than the Barrett-Jackson Auction

12/10/10, 9:18 AM   #4
IndyBound

I agree, one day last week I was in need of any kind of a racing fix and was very disappointed when I turned speed on to find they were showing Two Guys Garage for hours and hours and hours. The only saving grace Speed Report was still on Sunday night.

Patti

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, mowerman, speed bump
12/10/10, 10:00 AM   #5
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

It is really the NASCRAP Channel with filler of anything that a sponsor is willing to spend the $$$$$$$ to back. A real shame for sure as there are quite a few races that they could show that would be much better fit than the auction and two guys and a grease monkey.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

12/10/10, 10:52 AM   #6
cmakin

Speed carries reality shows about tow truck drivers and the History Channel has the pathetic version of Top Gear. More and more, the cable channels are all becoming the same thing. Pawn Stars, Hard Core Pawn, Auction Kings. . . . All the same shows.

Now with hundreds of channels on TV, nothing has changed since 1980, when Roger Water penned those famous words, "13 channels of s**t on my TV to choose from. . . "

About the only time I tune in to Speed is on Sunday night, and half of the time I forget that they might even have a couple of minutes of watchable TV.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, skids59, speed bump
12/10/10, 10:55 AM   #7
ISF

I can tolerate the auction since it's in January when nothing else is on, but they rerun it ad nauseum throughout the year. I'm not going to even start about this monster jam stuff. They used to do the tape delay of the European speedway motorcycle races, which was kinda' interesting and the boat races that had these guys running for time on little narrow, twisting canals was mildly interesting as well during the time of year there is no racing. None of that is on anymore.

12/10/10, 11:19 AM   #8
Larryoracing

I have to admit you are right, so that is why I watch 24 hr NBA TV. I am becoming quite a basketball fan, watching basketball 24 hours a day...lol!

They do show some sprint car racing once in a while. And I like the shows where the guys make 32 fords and customize them. And the same show which built the 600 HP Ford Cougar and all the suspension components pieces and installation. Sometimes those shows are kind of neat because they will show Parnelli Jones pushing the GT350 and Trans Am Racing. You have to wait for those shows but they come along...lol! I also like the show "Chop, Cut and Rebuild" where they build other custom cars. I do like Barret Jackson because I own a 1923 Ford T Bucket and once you own a old car you enjoy shows like Barrett Jackson. Sometime they will show Rick Hendrix and his shop and all his cars, or someone like Yates, selling the Davey Allison 1992 winning Daytona 500 car, etc.

On some of the channels and I forget which ones they show those specials of all the famous cars museums in the world and shops, like Jay Leno and all his Duzenburghs. You have to look for this stuff and it is not on all the time.

I have watched a lot of Monster Jam, races which I like the Grave Digger and all those other crazy guys. I like the world series of pokers...lol.

But all these shows are not on all the time..lol! Looking for things to post on this website I have found books like the following:

See the attachment below:

And videos, like the following to keep me amused and interested in the sport of Sprint Car Racing.

USAC vs NCRA - NIGHT ONE--PART 2- A MAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocRQy...ayer_embedded#!

You do have to work at it, to keep yourself entertained. One program like the speed channel is a small part of racing. It doesn't do it all and is a small important part.

Sincerely,

Larry "0" and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Attached Images
kansas 250-DSC_2039.jpg (23.9 KB, 58 views)
Last edited by Larryoracing; 12/10/10 at 11:32 AM.

12/10/10, 11:40 AM   #9
short track scott

Not trying to advertise here but a lot of the content that used to be found on Greed is at

www.racefanstv.com.

Spend a buck and try it. Maybe eventually drop a tier on the old cable/sat plan.
Posted via Mobile Device

12/10/10, 12:45 PM   #10
bigpimpin35

I still force myself to stomach all the bullcrap on that channel to see what I want to see, which is very little. I agree with you about the Barrett Jackson auction. This show makes me want to drop kick my TV. However, I still enjoy watching the Nascar highlights and Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain sometimes. Occassionaly I can watch some Formula 1 action as well. What really sucks is that you will never see any highlights of sprints or midgets unless it is a big event. Sometimes they show the winged stuff but the wings

2 members like this post: speed bump, wright59
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Speed channel ,,,,,,sucks