IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Taking Over The Helm Of GC...
2/27/24, 7:10 PM   #41
Re: Taking Over The Helm Of GC...
photoman

Bingo

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
3/8/24, 12:11 PM   #42
BrentTFunk

" Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you got til it's gone."

3/10/24, 2:00 PM   #43
flagboy55

A little off topic but speaking of the state of Indiana tracks, has anyone been by the Burg, they still taking bank out of it? I play the powerball and mega now and then. If I could win one of those giant jackpots, I will solve the Gas City issue and secure the future of Terre Haute. Maybe Montpellier too. Wish me luck

3/10/24, 2:10 PM   #44
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
A little off topic but speaking of the state of Indiana tracks, has anyone been by the Burg, they still taking bank out of it? I play the powerball and mega now and then. If I could win one of those giant jackpots, I will solve the Gas City issue and secure the future of Terre Haute. Maybe Montpellier too. Wish me luck

I say the same thing about Shadyhill and buy that track. That facility needs a lot of work and updates.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, oppweld
3/10/24, 5:18 PM   #45
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:

Burg does have a new Facebook and Website. I met the promoter. Seems to truly have a love for the place. Banking was cut to it's 2009 configuration 14* and lots of new clay removing the dish in the middle from flat to bank

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, LUCKYONE
3/10/24, 9:53 PM   #46
flagboy55

That’s not the response I was looking for Chuck, but thanks anyway

3/11/24, 9:32 AM   #47
Charles Nungester

Quote:
That’s not the response I was looking for Chuck, but thanks anyway

It'll be fine, Just means theres a bottom now too. Never be like Eldora is now with No cushion.

Anyway, back to GC. I know exactly how their feeling because I went half a year wondering if Burg would race again or not.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 3/11/24 at 9:35 AM.

3/11/24, 11:34 AM   #48
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
It'll be fine, Just means theres a bottom now too. Never be like Eldora is now with No cushion.
I know you like to take shots at Eldora, but the last 3 or 4 years, I have seen the best surfaces that I have ever seen there. I have only been going there since 1982, so I can't speak of before that. I know before that they ran a lot of Sunday afternoon shows, so I doubt there many big cushions then.

3 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, mlamb, TBONE
3/11/24, 1:57 PM   #49
mlamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I know you like to take shots at Eldora, but the last 3 or 4 years, I have seen the best surfaces that I have ever seen there. I have only been going there since 1982, so I can't speak of before that. I know before that they ran a lot of Sunday afternoon shows, so I doubt there many big cushions then.
The last handful of 4 crowns I thought the the track was spot on? Yes I was there personally, not just watching on FLO.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing
3/11/24, 2:18 PM   #50
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post

Brent I was only referring to Eldora because Flagboy's like me. He liked it on the wall (TALKING ABOUT BURG) and them taking the banking out. Where else did I bash on eldora? And yes, Earl always had a cushion. Weather it lasted to the end of the show or not was another story.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Taking Over The Helm Of GC...