IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
DW (Offline)
  #1 7/7/13 3:42 PM
I've never been before, but am planning on going for the sprint week show and want to be in the infield for hot laps at least. How does parking work? Is it like the fairgrounds where you can stay in there all night or what?
ronmil (Offline)
  #2 7/7/13 3:45 PM
There is no infield parking at Terre Haute.

Ron Miller
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #3 7/7/13 3:45 PM
Plenty of parking outside the track, some on gravel, some not.You can stay the night, a lot of people do. The infield is people only, no vehicles.
DW (Offline)
  #4 7/7/13 3:46 PM
ok thanks
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 7/7/13 5:39 PM
You can bring a little red wagon to haul in Coolers, grill, Chairs. I've not watched a race from the infield but have a couple hot lap sessions. I might even suggest a couple beach umbrellas as there is NO SHADE.

There is camping but in a designated lot. Behind the bleachers and across the main fairgrounds road. The entrance to the infield is at the turn one end of the front straight. Whatever you do. DO NOT PARK OUTSIDE TURN ONE AND TWO!

Have fun, Perhaps see you there!

Charles Nungester
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #6 7/7/13 6:11 PM
Summer Nationals this Wednesday with late models and modifieds. Great show last year.

Posted via Mobile Device
terrehautian (Offline)
  #7 7/8/13 12:13 AM
I want to warn people about parking for this weeks show. The fair is going on, if you get there after 4pm, there is a parking fee. Also, if you plan on camping, it is managed by the fair grounds board, not the track. They set prices, rules. This week, the camping (if any) will all be no hook ups at all. The sprint week show, there should be hook ups available. Fair board sets the price. Here is the website (not working as I post this) www.vigofair.com/camping for more information.
ronmil (Offline)
  #8 7/8/13 1:46 PM
Fortunately, this won't affect Sprintweek!

Ron Miller
stockracer (Offline)
  #9 7/8/13 3:26 PM
To bad this doesn't affect sprint week....Sprint week with the county fair is the best. I have only been there once in the last few years since they can not get there fair and sprint week schedules to match.
DaveP63 (Offline)
  #10 7/8/13 5:17 PM
If you use the rear entrance back by the pits, you generally do not get charged for parking during the fair.