Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Motors
3/8/17, 8:31 PM   #91
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Ace

That is the reason for my soap box to the point of being "Obnoxious", I do however try to remain "Civil". The 3.8 would be out dated and a little heavy. Ford used a little V6 in the Lincoln Continental a few years that would have been Ideal. There are a lot of new motors that would make great inexpensive additions to the class, BUT for the rules. I have one of the ford motors in my garage but lack the ability now to make anything out of it (Read Old and Worn out).

If a guy was interested in a V6 Midget as I was? Montpelier would welcome the motor with open arms. Harold did say that I could not put a 410 in a Midget frame and be welcome howeve.
where is Montpelier?

3/8/17, 8:35 PM   #92
Re: Midget Motors
Roy Bleckert

Quote:
Ace

If a guy was interested in a V6 Midget as I was? Montpelier would welcome the motor with open arms. Harold did say that I could not put a 410 in a Midget frame and be welcome howeve.
You can'NOT put a 410 in a midget & race , ya just can NOT have fun anymore BwaHahaaa!!!

3/8/17, 8:57 PM   #93
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
where is Montpelier?
About five minutes east of Roll.

3/8/17, 9:12 PM   #94
TQ29m

And that's not"Role" either, it's"Rahl", they will appreciate it if you say it correctly! Bob

1 member likes this post: DAD
3/8/17, 10:34 PM   #95
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Bleckert View Post
You can'NOT put a 410 in a midget & race , ya just can NOT have fun anymore BwaHahaaa!!!
Roy

Well>>They did say in fact a 410 midget would not be welcome but if I wanted to bring a V6 to bring it on. So all I would have to do is get My hands on one of Glen Niebel's V6 Sprint car motors and go racing. How about that???

Montpelier is one neat race track located about 80 miles North East of Indy. It is probably one of the best prepped tracks in the Nation.

http://www.montpeliermotorspeedway.com/

3/9/17, 12:56 PM   #96
DAD

We can talk about engine rules and specifications until the cows come home. The bottom line is a racers perspective for not finishing where they think the should, after spending thousands of dollars on the best equipment money can buy. Turning a $2000.00 stock motor into a $10,000.00 sparkling show piece of modern racing technology.

[IMG][/IMG]
Last edited by DAD; 3/9/17 at 1:02 PM.

1 member likes this post: Roy Bleckert
3/9/17, 1:07 PM   #97
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
We can talk about engine rules and specifications until the cows come home. The bottom line is a racers perspective for not finishing where they think the should, after spending thousands of dollars on the best equipment money can buy. Turning a $2000.00 stock motor into a $10,000.00 sparkling show piece of modern racing technology.

Or you can go out and purchase a $5,000.00 car and pay for it in 1 race as the ole bloke Rohan Beasley did at the
2017 LUCAS OIL Southern States Division II Midget Series Gator"DIRT"Nationals 3 weeks ago

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

4 members like this post: Cobra 14, DAD, kendirt, trannyman
3/9/17, 1:34 PM   #98
Roy Bleckert

Quote:
Roy

Well>>They did say in fact a 410 midget would not be welcome but if I wanted to bring a V6 to bring it on. So all I would have to do is get My hands on one of Glen Niebel's V6 Sprint car motors and go racing. How about that???

Montpelier is one neat race track located about 80 miles North East of Indy. It is probably one of the best prepped tracks in the Nation.

http://www.montpeliermotorspeedway.com/
Let Er Rip DAD !!!

3/9/17, 1:38 PM   #99
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
Or you can go out and purchase a $5,000.00 car and pay for it in 1 race as the ole bloke Rohan Beasley did at the
2017 LUCAS OIL Southern States Division II Midget Series Gator"DIRT"Nationals 3 weeks ago
Wayne

He must have been cheating because I bet there were a bunch of those High dollar motors behind him.
There are all kinds of ways to win skill, money, and luck. I would rather be blessed with luck. Now if the rule makers would let a few of these new power plants eligible to race I think perhaps D2 Midget could really lead the way. There will always be the guys that think they can spend their way to the checkered flag, BUT it's them old skilled racers standing in their way, especially if blessed with just a little luck.

3/9/17, 3:21 PM   #100
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:

[IMG][/IMG]
This is so true.
Last edited by Aces&Eights; 3/10/17 at 9:06 AM.

2 members like this post: DAD, Roy Bleckert
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Motors