IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eastern Storm?
5/9/18, 1:45 PM   #11
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
We'll be at weedsport spectating. Cant wait, its been at least 40 years since I've been to a sprintcar nonwing race. I'll be glued to the fence for the entire event where a winged race i'm gone after a heat or two. I am not wing bashing at all, just a fact. I'm also old school so I really put weight into the usac label, used to be if you had a usac sticker on your car you were a badass no questions asked.
You'll be shocked, they've got cages on em now! 😜

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, PIT CART
5/9/18, 9:31 PM   #12
Re: Eastern Storm?
Ntfsprint5w

Should be a number of locals running this year. Kobylarz, Taylor (some races), Buckwalter, Moody. Coleman Gulick should be running, Last year Chad Wilson, and Dustin Smith came from the BOSS series, Matt Wesfall will be there in the Marshall 33, Thomas Meseraull has a very potent local ride for this year, Ryan Godown has a ride for some of the shows, Id be shocked if some of our East Coast 360 teams like: Lick, Drevicki, Leiby, Hivner, Ross etc, don't run, and there is always some surprise guys from Indy that show. Not sure what their whole schedule is but id imagine Stornetta will be there in the Pace 44, and perhaps Kody Swanson in the Rock Steady 3r

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Kingz, tirespinner
5/10/18, 7:46 AM   #13
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
You'll be shocked, they've got cages on em now! 😜
Cages ? next thing you know someone will stick a piece of plywood on top of it and call it a wing.

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
5/10/18, 3:29 PM   #14
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
Cages ? next thing you know someone will stick a piece of plywood on top of it and call it a wing.
Boy you have been out of the loop.... they have some kind of light weight space age metal they are using!! And believe it or not just by bolting one on the car they race for twice as much money!!!

5/10/18, 3:53 PM   #15
Backitin

I still remember seeing a wing for the first time, it was at Flemington speedway on maybe a urc car. We were all like, what the heck that aint never gonna catch on. It was plywood.
And riding speedway aint that big of a deal, there tends to be some crashing but the speeds are pretty low on the 1/8 mile tracks, imo mx is harder and with all the jumps now days more dangerous. I got hurt worse in mx, more often but not as severe in speedway. It takes no more balls to ride speedway then it does to flat foot a sprintcar around and everyone should try it. A quick little story, I had a work injury which resulted in some head trauma. I didn't ride speedway for a few years and not only that I couldn't really remember riding one before. When we went to the races I was like "I do that ?" wow. I raced the next weekend and got thrown right back into it, that was pretty scary. (for a lap or two)

3 members like this post: davidm, motorhead748, oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eastern Storm?