IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
terrehautian (Offline)
  #1 4/16/08 2:22 PM
HOLY CRAP

If you had seen the track on Saturday, and then looked at it today, you wouldn't know it is the same. Track prep is going on full blast. The pit guard rail has been taken down and those construction type concrete dividers will take its place, so I have been told.

Anyway, onto the pics of all the new things for this season.

checkered flag pattern on the asphalt, it is not finished.

New Fencing.

New paint on steps, no more blue, orange and random colors
terrehautian (Offline)
  #2 4/16/08 2:23 PM

Sponsor boards in the making

Front stretch along with the now gone guard rail

This is where the guard rail used to be.

It is almost fully banked
terrehautian (Offline)
  #3 4/16/08 2:24 PM

the now gone concession building that will be replaced by a trailor.

More Track prep. They have a grader, 2 bobcats, a sifter and thing with a roller and knobs on it at the track

Working Safety lights

Bobcat scraping dirt off the concrete
terrehautian (Offline)
  #4 4/16/08 2:25 PM

Turn 1 and 2, yeah, I wanna go racing right now

New Gates

Billboard on the road.

Expect another update on Saturday depending on if it rains. I also stopped by the local camera store and I am getting my flash on the Friday of the race, thanks to the IRS.
1955indy (Offline)
  #5 4/16/08 4:48 PM
I can't wait. Making my first trip ever to the track on May 22.
Wolfe-e (Offline)
  #6 4/16/08 7:19 PM
I talked with Mike a little while ago. Man is He Excited!.... Its Great to Hear the Enthusiasm in his Voice!..... Mike says we now have a Guard Rail again on the Backstretch. They have moved all the excess dirt from there to the frontstretch. He figures they have Raised the Frontstretch back up by about 18 inches..... They were starting on Billboards when we hung up....... I;ll be through tomarrow after Work to lend a hand of my own..... ........and Barring Rain......The WolfPack will Kick off our season on Friday Night at Gas City with a WolfPack/Usac double header.......On Saturday the Pack will be a Kamp Motor Speedway for another Great Race.......Man it will Great to Get Back to Racing..........wanna race.........Wolfe-e
Waynenz9 (Offline)
  #7 4/16/08 10:10 PM
Hey Terrehautian,enjoyed looking at the photos,was there in 2003 for the Hut 100 but was rained out,saw Yeley win the Sumar Classic on the following night.
Gutted not to see the Hut 100 but had an awesome few days in Terre Haute and finally got to see racing on the track that I had always wished for.
Coming from New Zealand,can't do it often....
But happy some day soon to be able to return and do it again.
petey (Offline)
  #8 4/17/08 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Waynenz9:
saw Yeley win the Sumar Classic on the following night.
That was my first Sumar I attended. Awesome night!

Looking forward to hitting the Hulman Classic next month!
Flags anything (Offline)
  #9 4/18/08 10:58 AM
Hey Fans::greenflag:

In talking with Mike King yesterday he shed a little light on the time table for the May 2nd MSCS Don Smith Classic presented by ISU. It looks like this, Pit gates 2PM, with haulers being parked outside and UNLOADED. DHK indicates that will have FLAT BED TRUCKS there to assist with bringing the racers equipment to the INFILED PITS.
HOT Laps 5:30, OPENING FAN FARE @ 6:30 1st Heat Green Flag at 7 or just before that, Checkered flag around 10 PM then FAN ALLOWED IN INFILED PITS 10:05 or ASAP after Checkered flag so they can get up close and personal with racers.:thumb

With that ambitious time table, the race fans, the racers and the noise police should be very happy from DHK standpoint. Included in that time table is "ON TRACK/ OUT OF CAR DRIVER INTRODUCTIONS" for the A MAIN.

DHK has set the standards high for the sancitioning bodies who will be there this year and beyond as to what they expect in a quailty and efficently ran program.

With all of that you can bet the staff at MSCS are hard at work preparing for what would be one of their most important "road shows" in the history of the series.

Let's all do what we can to make sure that as fans we appreciate what DHK is doing for the racers, fans and community by getting "butts" in the seats for this year.:checkered:
terrehautian (Offline)
  #10 4/19/08 11:04 PM
Here is another update.

Tshirt stand.

new wall for front stretch not yet in place.

They have escavted the turns better for better drainage, i believe