IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Sprint63122 (Offline)
  #1 2/5/08 6:11 PM
Wanting input on other fans view for what has happened already this year with the midget and sprint dates that have lost there co-sanction event status.
kylenap@yahoo.com (Offline)
  #2 2/5/08 6:17 PM
What other dates have gone away besides the May 10th midget race?
Fred Zirzow (Offline)
  #3 2/5/08 7:15 PM
Originally Posted by kylenap@yahoo.com:
What other dates have gone away besides the May 10th midget race?
All midget races that were Powri co-sanctioned races. From what I was told McCool Junction,Macon will come off USAC's Schedule and become POWRI only races..And Knoxville,and Belleville are Usac only paying points races.Lets see what happens with BADGER next? I think they are focusing on rebuilding USAC and making them a stand alone club. I look forward to seeing how the summer plays out b4 I make any judgements.

Fred Zirzow
dirtywhiteboy
  #4 2/5/08 7:44 PM
This is a very odd move for USAC to do at this time of year. I would have expected USAC to drop the co-sanctioning of events after this year's events were run.
Bronco Billy Molkenbur (Offline)
  #5 2/5/08 7:50 PM
On a co-sanctioned event, which sanctioning body holds the competition insurance for the event?

see ya,
Billy Molkenbur
Anderson36 (Offline)
  #6 2/5/08 8:00 PM
USAC's Regional series currenty has 4 co-sanctioned midget races with UMARA. I will also say that the May 18th Rockford National Midget race is also co-sanctioned with UMARA.

USAC needs these other groups, they can't do a full season of stand alone races seeing that they have maybe 12 FULL time cars.
Flags anything (Offline)
  #7 2/5/08 8:20 PM
It sound like the "give and take " part of the co-sanction event has turned into a "my way or take the highway" attitude with the powers to be.
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #8 2/5/08 8:44 PM
I sure hope the races with Badger are not messed with. I just don't understand it. :action-smiley-049:
badgerfan (Offline)
  #9 2/5/08 8:54 PM
My understanding is this is consistent with what the new USAC folks told the group at the "Midget Forum" down in Tulsa. This is some sort of informal group of reps from most sanctioning groups that uses the Chili Bowl opportunity to at least kick around some ideas to allow cars to meet multiple sanction tech specs. I was not at the meeting personally but this is what was told me by an attendee. USAC apparently feels it can be "more successful" without co-sanctions. Makes no sense to me given the limited number of full time USAC teams and the need to fill the field with "local" cars.
Kirk Spridgeon (Offline)
  #10 2/6/08 12:09 AM
From what I have heard, the USAC officials only want to have an equal presence between both organizations at these co-sanctioned events. Apparently, there are no problems with BMARA co-sanctioned events.

That leaves the POWRi co-sanctioned events. I have heard that they are unwilling to work with USAC on this. We have now heard from the head man at USAC, so when will POWRi address this problem? If USAC can work with BMARA, then does that make POWRi the problem? Is POWRi really interested in taking down USAC, as has been rumored?

All I know is that this is threatening to ruin some great events. And we have heard from USAC, and their ideas seem sensible. I'd like to hear the exact take of the POWRi folks on this topic...