IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #1 2/21/23 10:55 PM
I’ll never forget back in the day when great craft beer was something to seek out. And my proximity to one of the best breweries in the world, before massive distribution, allowed me to connect with other beer fans who were also sprint car fans, as I frequently announced and brought beer to share to IOW’ers. It was the great Zombie Dust by 3 Floyd’s in Munster Indiana that got me connected to an IOW’er GYATK94. We’ve had some great visits over the years, enjoying beer and talking racing. He moved to the west coast, and though we haven’t been in touch for sometime, we did try to stay in touch until we both probably got preoccupied with life. The last correspondence we had, 94 was sending me some articles he was writing for racing out in California. I could tell he had the knack for it. So on Twitter today I see that Alex has taken the job of WOO PR guy. I actually never knew his last name until today. I was proud to have met him back then, because I love young people with a passion for the sport we love, I wish there were more. But congratulations GYATK94. I’m sure you’ll be great at your job. You deserve it. Looking forward to our next Zombie Dust
16 Likes: addictedtodirt, bighd0522, BrentTFunk, EBookerFan, erich45, Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, NoDramazone2020, oppweld, PIT CART, racenut69, Rcar, spicoli, WinglessLovers
Bubzilla (Offline)
  #2 2/22/23 1:32 PM
Trying to figure out his handle.

Get Your Ass To..... Knoxville? Kokomo?

Joe Mc.
4 Likes: cmakin, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #3 2/22/23 11:19 PM
Bub, that’s a good point. We’ll have to ask him when he’s back in these parts 👍