IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Wizard05 (Offline)
  #1 8/26/20 1:07 PM
Been hearing rumblings that Super Dirt week at Oswego may be the next big end of the year race to fall. I know they are not from Indiana, but they are open wheel. maybe someone could convince them to open up the fairgrounds for one last race and put Super Dirt week back on the mile like it should be.
2 Likes: flagboy55, Speedwrench
BillV99 (Offline)
  #2 8/26/20 1:41 PM
Originally Posted by Wizard05:
Been hearing rumblings that Super Dirt week at Oswego may be the next big end of the year race to fall. I know they are not from Indiana, but they are open wheel. maybe someone could convince them to open up the fairgrounds for one last race and put Super Dirt week back on the mile like it should be.
The track at the NY State Fairgrounds in Syracuse is no longer there.
TommyTipover (Offline)
  #3 8/26/20 1:48 PM
Well, yeah. I believe he Is referring to opening up ISF.
Wizard05 (Offline)
  #4 8/26/20 2:54 PM
Yes I was sorry for the confusion. Syracuse has been gone for a few years, just like the fairgrounds soon will be.
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #5 8/27/20 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Wizard05:
It is a good thought but the main reason it would not work would be the reason it will not take place at Oswego, the Covid-19 pandemic. What you are proposing is moving the Super Dirt series race to Indiana from New York which in its self has a very high instance of Covid-19 cases and deaths to the Indiana State Fairgrounds which is in Marion County. The positive cases in Marion County are the highest in the state of Indiana (17833) with 155 new cases reported over the last week alone. Don't think the governing officials of Indiana would be open to importing so many people into Indiana to run a weekend of races in what is basically downtown Indianapolis. Also with only 25% seating capacity at the Indy mile it would not work financially for anyone involved.

Bruce Eckel
davidm (Offline)
  #6 8/27/20 1:21 PM
If Hagerstown was not shutdown fro the season that would be a good alternative. Be just like Octoberfest only bigger!
2 Likes: nathans1012, PIT CART