IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
oldfan49 (Offline)
  #191 10/6/14 2:53 PM
I honestly don't know, doubt it. LaMonte was the only track left but it is gone. Several tracks ran them several years ago but this is ASCS country so thats all that is left other than the WAR non wing travelling series, Had one weekly non wing track until last year but it is gone as well, at least for now
sp6967 (Offline)
  #192 10/6/14 7:11 PM
racesaver is a oxymoron ,kinda like saying just a little bit of a drug addict.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
The Fanthom (Offline)
  #193 10/6/14 9:04 PM
If this works out, then I'll predict we'll see the end of nonwing 410's in Indiana. Might take a few years but I'm old enough to remember when things changed back in the eighties. It seems like when guys go to running wings , they don't want to go back. I know my 4 yr old absolutely loves the winged sprints despite my protests otherwise. I just have a strong feeling that you cant run two sprint divisions on the same night. One or the other has to give. Myself, I'd much rather see cost reductions for the sprints we have, but I guess the cat's out of the bag. I still think we'll end up with two classes and 12 cars in each instead of 22-23 in one class, but we'll see. I will say this, something had to change. We've been on a slide of cars and drivers about 7 years now. We'll be there on Friday nights no matter what. Did I mention my 4 yr old is THRILLED wing cars are running at Bton now? Who knows, maybe this is what we need for a shot in the arm.
2 Likes: HurstBros0, jts56
Rhody (Offline)
  #194 10/6/14 10:49 PM
Novel Idea- Kick that money into the 410 purse and see if you can get some cars back that way. I envision half the 410 field going 305 racing and 5 new cars showing up. Fans then complain about 12 car 410 fields.
Bill May (Offline)
  #195 10/6/14 11:00 PM
Rhody, ooooh, It appears you have frightened a naysayer already.

Bill May
DAD (Offline)
  #196 10/6/14 11:22 PM
Bill

I can see a few 410 crews using the racesavers as a "Cash Cow" to help pay their expense.

I went and read a few different rule books. I remember GoKarts and the after race tec. They could do a Bridges Smith motor in about an hour or so if there wasn't to much controversy about the head gasket being squashed down .003 below specs because they had been taken on and off so many times.

My Question is:

Does the track pay for your hotel room if you are torn down and do the engine builders give their customer volume discounts on putting their engines back together if they are frequent winners. This could make that 410 freshen up deal pale by comparison.

Honest Dad himself
Jonr (Offline)
  #197 10/7/14 7:59 AM
Originally Posted by KKinser99:
Oldfan49, Were the 305's in missouri Racesaver? What track?
My memory tells me that they were not Racesaver, but closer to Knoxville 305 rules.
Chief29 (Offline)
  #198 10/7/14 2:52 PM
Sense the rules say that the engines have to be sealed are there any engine builders that are 30min to an hour away from bloomington to inspect and seal our engines if we want to build our own?
old timer (Offline)
  #199 10/7/14 4:11 PM
until a track posts a purse and how often they are running I'll just wait.
Dalton Dietrich (Offline)
  #200 10/7/14 4:22 PM
Originally Posted by bobbyg45:
What a joke .. many tracks have tried running 305 series and didnt work only place its worked so far is ohio wont last
Before you jump to FALSE conclusions....do some research. Tracks in Ohio, Iowa, and other states throughout the country run OPEN 305's. I cannot comment on the status of those divisions because I do not follow them. RaceSaver 305's run PA, NJ, NY, TX, NC, NE and MORE. They are sealed motors, and are not only sustaining...but growing. AND FAST.
5 Likes: Bill May, Chief29, DaveP63, davidm, KKinser99