IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Hi velocity intakes
12/8/13, 4:25 PM   #21
Re: Hi velocity intakes
MC@Performance Fab

The top minisprint driver in Australia with 50 career wins and 4 championships was looking for more corner exit power coming into this season and chose to go with my line of High Velocity Intakes for his 2010 CBR powered Henchcraft. He's had some engine issues so far this season which have turned out to be a bad electrical connector. This weekend is the first time he has been able to run a full event with the motor firing on all cylinders and below are his comments after the race.

Sean BarnettRacing
Hi Monte,...how are you over there ...where do i start....has anyone said that your intake is toooo good...man im having trouble hooking this car up when it gets slick,it just has too much power and im spinning wheels and frying the rear tyres,...have you heard of anyone over there having to change setup for the better power from your intake.....ive come to conclusion i have to do more to get the power down...for the first time this season everything went well ,had no issues and completed the meeting...a 4th and 2nd in the heats...started 12th and ended up 5th...just had no grip the last 6 laps of a 15 lap feature race...im going to a mates place who is very knowledgeable about setups and has a set of scales so im going to scale the car and see what we have...very happy with the performance just need to get the setup much better to get better results...might have to go softer in the bars to get more traction ....thanks again and take it easy... Sean BarnettRacing

Thanks Again to Sean Barnett Racing, Monte Crawford Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intakes

1/27/14, 10:32 PM   #22
MC@Performance Fab

Well the 2014 racing season is just around the corner and I have just shipped 2 R1 intakes to Kentucky and a GSXR intake to Oregon. Have also been fielding some calls and something everyone asks is do I have stuff in stock ready to ship. The answer is no because I don't do a one size fits all approach like some of the others. Everything I do is custom built for each individual motor platform and what type track your going to be racing on. Fact is in 2013 I shipped intakes with 6 different size velocity stacks, not one SIX!!! And I'm not talking about adding a billet base plate and calling that a different velocity stack. Were talking about 6 different velocity stacks just for 1000cc sport bike motors, no one else goes to that kind of detail to make sure you get the best package possible and that's why my customer feedback has always been so great.

Thanks to all those who have supported High Velocity Intakes the past few years and to those new customers that 2014 brings.

Monte Crawford

Performance Fabrication

High Velocity Intakes

760-317-7680

montecrawfords@gmail.com

1/29/14, 2:02 PM   #23
marcus21x

Do you make these for r6 motors?

1/29/14, 9:37 PM   #24
MC@Performance Fab

Have had people ask about doing something for one but on one has stepped up to the table to make it happen. The exact same design criteria and goals apply to both, do everything possible to improve torque and keep the package light. End of the day your never going to get anywhere with the stock stacks.

1/30/14, 4:05 PM   #25
marcus21x

Well I was thinking stacks for carbs!

1/30/14, 4:26 PM   #26
MC@Performance Fab

LOL..no I haven't done anything with carbs. I fully understand the 600cc engine guys prefer so stay in the dark ages but the rest of the world has moved on.

2/1/14, 5:42 PM   #27
MC@Performance Fab

Heres a few pics of some ancient history.

20 years ago my family had a Honda F1 powered 600 micro sprint running alky with carbs. When it ran it ran semi OK but never ran good and the carbs were usually to blame. It got to the point where it was either sell the dam thing or do something to fix it.

My sand car was turboed on alky with a Haltec ECU and we elected to go the same way. A simple plenum with a single butterfly and a Haltec ECU.

There was very little room to work with do to the chassis design, this is as tall as it could be and the air inlet was positioned in the only space available. When we finished it and got it on the dyno it made better power then the carbs hands down and we never had another fuel issue on the track. As you can see its got some war wounds and I didn't certainly didn't bother to clean it up..LOL

When we sold the car the carbs went back on and the ECU went on the next buggy I was playing with. This bit has been sitting in a box full of old race bits for the last 15 years.
Last edited by MC@Performance Fab; 5/25/16 at 2:17 PM.

4/16/14, 7:35 PM   #28
MC@Performance Fab

Andrew look here.

4/22/14, 12:01 AM   #29
MC@Performance Fab

2014 has started with a bang as cars equipped with Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intakes have dominated the big money races.

Bryan Henry won the Southern Chill race in Texas and took home a cool $1700 driving his Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intakes equipped ZX10 powered Modlite.

And the past 2 weeks Kenny Battarbee has dominated the Texas Series $1000 to win earning him a kool $2000 driving his Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intakes equipped GSXR powered Modlite.

Monte Crawford

Performance Fabrication high Velocity Intakes

montecrawfords@gmail.com

760-317-7680

6/5/14, 5:05 PM   #30
MC@Performance Fab

A perfect storm. Thanks to Lynn, Colin, and Ron Ambrose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV-1XAokb20

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Hi velocity intakes