IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My first non wing sprint race
2/19/18, 3:10 PM   #11
Re: My first non wing sprint race
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
Well Texas and Missouri both have POWRi non wing series in Elite and WAR, but Indiana is a possibility too. I wasn't saying I wanted to start my own series down here, but maybe a class of economy sprints at my local track, they just make more sense to me economically anymore than any late model does. I'm 47 and watching the guys in Indiana mix it up is awe inspiring, but I think its a bit late in the game for me to get in the deep end of the pool that I see in Indiana. Texas has more appeal to me and my wife than just sprints and I have a friend in Missouri with sprint/midget background that I could lean on. In Indiana I'd be an old man, in the way with no one to look to. Its not out of the question, but I'm trying to be realistic about who and where I fit in. LOL
Well, whatever you decide, hang in there & good luck!

2/19/18, 5:07 PM   #12
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

My first was in 2009. After seeing USAC thunder on TV as a young kid for years... it was a big deal to go to a USAC race. Like your first experience, it did not disappoint. I'm now fortunate to be near the S. Indiana border and get to see these guys go at several times a year. It's amazing how close and hard these guys can race but still show each other respect and take care of each other.

2/20/18, 12:58 AM   #13
jim goerge

There is nothing economically cheap about any sprint car anywhere

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, PIT CART, smith19
2/20/18, 10:56 AM   #14
TQ29m

I agree Jim, if you can't do it all by yourself, I mean everything, you'd be better off helping someone, or just being satisfied watching, and I do mean everything, maybe a driver, but pick out one who can be your right and left hand man! Bob

2 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97
2/20/18, 7:43 PM   #15
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
Saw my first non wing race ever last night at Bubba. Loved it, did not disappoint. Can’t say the same for my motel. 30 years of DLM races and none compare to what I saw last night. Awesome!
Glad you made it. Glad you enjoyed it.

2/24/18, 3:24 AM   #16
Bad Dad 54

Love NW Sprints, Fri night Gas City or Bloomington Sat Lincoln Park in Putnamville or Lawrenceburg Sun Kokomo, you won't be disapointed I come down from 80 north of the ohio mich border to see them, we have the Michigan Traditional sprints & I crew on car but Ind really is a great show

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My first non wing sprint race