IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Heartland Thunder
7/5/10, 8:24 PM   #1
Heartland Thunder
Bradleyracing86

Just noticed it wasn't scheduled tonight? Is that show biweekly?
Posted via Mobile Device

7/5/10, 8:28 PM   #2
Re: Heartland Thunder
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

It's been on the last 2 weeks

7/6/10, 12:32 AM   #3
buckshot3448

i found a website earlyer that said it wasnt going to be on till the 12th but discovery didnt show anything about it when they advertised the ultimate car build off for that day

7/6/10, 2:43 AM   #4
Russ

I was kind of looking forward to the show this week. I was interested to find out what happened to the old man's new motor and whether they would give him another one. Hopefully it'll be back on next week.

7/6/10, 6:41 AM   #5
HonkerII

Read on their facebook page that the series is doing well in the ratings and they are not going to be making any more.

7/6/10, 8:22 AM   #6
cmakin

I find it interesting that the makes of the series couldn't sell it to the folks over at Speed. Now, I know I am pretty hard on Speed, but let's face it. I thought that it was supposed to be channel that covers racing, or at least shows about racing. Instead we get reality shows about tow truck drivers, car part commercials disguised as hot rod shows, rich people selling their reconditioned cars to richer people (not that it is bad to be rich), a redneck version of American Idol wrapped in Nascar clothing, and Nascar, Nascar and more Nascar.

Now, I could see where the Discovery Channel demographic would not be very interested in a show like Heartland Thunder, but really, after only two episodes? Does a rerun of Sturgis really pull in more viewers? Okay, biker chicks. That wasn't a fair question.

Now, I am not a huge fan of racing reality shows like Heartland Thunder or Madhouse, but at least they ARE shows about racing. Oh, wait. Now I know why they aren't on Speed. Never mind.

7/6/10, 9:06 AM   #7
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
I find it interesting that the makes of the series couldn't sell it to the folks over at Speed. Now, I know I am pretty hard on Speed, but let's face it. I thought that it was supposed to be channel that covers racing, or at least shows about racing. Instead we get reality shows about tow truck drivers, car part commercials disguised as hot rod shows, rich people selling their reconditioned cars to richer people (not that it is bad to be rich), a redneck version of American Idol wrapped in Nascar clothing, and Nascar, Nascar and more Nascar.

Now, I could see where the Discovery Channel demographic would not be very interested in a show like Heartland Thunder, but really, after only two episodes? Does a rerun of Sturgis really pull in more viewers? Okay, biker chicks. That wasn't a fair question.

Now, I am not a huge fan of racing reality shows like Heartland Thunder or Madhouse, but at least they ARE shows about racing. Oh, wait. Now I know why they aren't on Speed. Never mind.
Gotta agree with you, some show's should only be 30 minutes long, too much yellin and in your face screamin, isn't my idea of intertainment, even American Pickers would probably get boring if it ran more than an hour, same with Pawn Stars, I guess my taste in TV is OLD, but I find it very interesting, to see what is out there, that people collect, we all do it, so it's fun, and not loud, and people arguing, to me it's about as close to real intertainment as you can get, and enjoy the popcorn, and a cold drink! Bob

7/6/10, 9:48 AM   #8
BillyG

saw this on another board
Copied from Whowon.com

The reason for it getting pulled is political. The Guy at Discovery who bought the show and put up the funding, got Fired before the filming was complete. They bring in the new guy and his people and the show became a step child. They weren't even going to air it. They didn't try to promote the show at all and pulled as quickly as they could. It will return in another time slot, we just don't know when.
The Mullins Motor was not the problem. When they had to change the heads we ran out of time to Dyno the Motor. Chad fired it up and made sure everything was fine. We didn't get a chance to tune my Carb, which ended up being 14 jet sizes off. Mullins repaired the motor and we finished the season with no issues. They need to at least air the rest of the show and clean up some of what the first two shows put in a negative light. Both Dan and Dee aren't that bad, but we didn't get to tell them how to mix the scenes.

4 members like this post: Dgentry51, interpreter66, jim goerge, Russ
7/28/10, 11:10 PM   #9
#1jackhewittfan

Race Count This Year: 45

if anybody is interested they started airing the last episodes this week at 2am.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/28/10, 11:29 PM   #10
v8j

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1jackhewittfan View Post
if anybody is interested they started airing the last episodes this week at 2am.
Posted via Mobile Device
at that time of the night their is only 3 things i would be doing coming back from a race,fixing race car,or getting lucky not watching tv LOL

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Heartland Thunder